Sunday, June 03, 2018

The Shafferland Shuffle

Hello, friends! Welcome to June, welcome to a new week, and welcome to some CALM for the Shaffers (at least we hope!) starting this week.

* Actually last Sunday was beautifully calm here for us. After church, we hunkered down on Mo and had one of our favorite kinds of days: NOTHING. Movies, naps, Pinterest, and a perfect end-of-the-day sunset walk. Brilliant.
* Monday was Memorial Day, and Ryan had to work, so I spent the day working at home and cooking food for us! I made a little dessert from the Dashing Dish site that was so good, and that night we had a cookout for two. (Ryan has discovered his grill has just about died, so until we can get a sale on the one we have our eye on, all our grilled food is a bit on the chargilled side. Whoopsie!) That afternoon we also went to the viewing for a much-loved man from Kokomo, who was a friend of Ryan's.
* Tuesday was the last day of school for our system, and the kiddos could not have been happier! (I'll miss their fun stories this summer!) It was also a hot day here, as was the case for the entire week. Even at almost 9 p.m. it was still over 80 degrees! Consequently, I spent most of my day inside, working on projects including a new batch of seasoned salt. YUM!
* We got some rain on Wednesday, so I got a break from watering the flowers! I just let God do it. :) I worked hard on things for a class I taught this past weekend, and then I went to choir practice with Ryan. They sounded really good! On our way home, we stopped to visit our friend who doesn't have long to live, and we were able to get a picture with him before we left. I may not have known him very long myself, but he has had quite an impact on my life!
* Thursday was the last calm before the storm of our weekend. I spent the day trying to get everything in order for all our commitments, but we also had enough free time for a formal workout, which is something that's not been true over the past couple of weeks! AND speaking of workouts, I was able to lift a weight over my head properly for the first time since I hurt myself back in December! While a storm swirled in that night, I worked on assembling gifts for graduation open houses this weekend.
* Ryan took Friday afternoon off work so we could have our annual date to the strawberry festival here in town. It was hot, but the strawberries were good! We got home in time to change out of sweaty clothes and into fresh ones before we set out for our first graduation open house of the weekend. One of the couples from our Sunday School class has had an exchange student living with them this year, and we've really enjoyed getting to know her. We stopped by her open house/going away party before heading off to a high school graduation, where I took pictures for my friend Kari! (Her son graduated, and I did pictures so she could do the mom thing.)
* Yesterday was our monthiversary! 66 months! Ryan spent the morning helping our friends work on their house (they ran into a project that took on a life of its own). I taught the first in a series of five classes at the Marion Public Library before rushing back to Kokomo to take pictures at graduation open house #2. Ryan joined me there and then we went to graduation open house #3! (This one was for the girl who gave life to Belle at my birthday party!) And somewhere in there, we squeezed in our official monthiversary photo!

3 comments:

Tamar SB said...

What a busy week!! We had some heat, ick, just NOT ready!

Maria Rineer said...

It's nice you had some relative calm before your busy weekend. Our weather was super hot with some rain thrown in there- this weeks looks to be much better temperature wise. Hopefully your forecast is great for this week, too.

Bekah said...

Tamar - I guess we deserve it after all the cold, huh?

Maria - I mowed today and it was SO NICE!!! I didn't have to take 13 water breaks!