One.
Earlier this week I told you about the Ohio River bridge Ryan and I walked across on our vacation. I found this quick time-lapse video that shows how they moved the bridge after they built it. Pretty incredible!
Two.
We've never truly decorated our guest bathroom, and two years into living here, I think it's time. I'm looking at a beach theme and stumbled upon this art project that I think looks like SO MUCH FUN. Thought I'd share it in case you want to make it a summer project for your household! (In full disclosure, I haven't tried this, so I can't tell you how well it works!)
Three.
I have vacation plans on the brain (which is no different from any other day) and I found this list of something to do in every state. I've done exactly two of them. (Indiana's is a total winner, by the way.) And I've checked off the North Carolina option. I'd say we have some traveling to do!
Four.
Ryan doesn't dislike many foods, but he is not watermelon fan. It's sad, because it's one of my favorite summer foods, but if we buy one, I'll just sit and eat the whole thing by myself! So I don't get it very often, but I did find this guide to picking the best tasting watermelon!
Five.
I so need to do this for my bobby pins! I am so tired of digging them out of the bottom of a basket, where they're buried underneath the ponytail holders!
Six.
I met a new friend named Brenda Yoder last summer when I went to the writer's conference in Michigan. (She was on my podcast earlier this year about her fantastic new book titled Fledge. That's a terrific resource for anyone launching kids into the world!) She invited me to write a guest post for her blog on the subject of what it's like when you parent a ministry instead of children. Since Ryan and I don't have kids, our ministry work really is like a child to us. That comes with its own pieces of beauty and hard places too. I wrestled long and hard over this piece, hoping it would adequately portray my heart on this subject. I invite you to read it if you'd like!
4 hours ago







4 comments:
Oh I buy a whole watermelon each week and eat it alone! #noshame
Thank you for your article on parenting your ministry. As a single person, it really encouraged me.
And...I also buy a watermelon each week, or nearly each week, in the summer and eat it myself!
Mitchell Corn Palace in South Dakota, ✔
Tenderloin at Ivanhoes in Indiana, ✔
Did not have the Number6 Oatmeal Stout, but have eaten at Gellas in Kansas
The teacher I work for was just at that chapel in Arkansas to witness a marriage proposal. Same place as Ben and Jessa Seewald, right?
I loved your article. I also love your perspective on parenting.
Dave doesn't like watermelon either :( Boo.
And with all the travel I've done, I haven't done a thing on that list. We'll have to trek back to Indiana and eat at Ivanhoes. :)
Post a Comment