I thought I'd give you a peek at a couple of our fun things!
Kokomo, like many cities, has a First Friday celebration downtown every month, and we haven't made it to a single one yet this year! That week tends to always be busy!
We really like the June First Friday, though, because it coincides with the Strawberry Festival! We love getting that treat every year. This year the Strawberry Festival landed on the same day as my friend's son's high school graduation. She booked me a year ago to come with her and be her photographer! So if we were getting any strawberries, it was only going to happen through a vacation day for Ryan! He worked in the morning and then took the afternoon off so we could have fun.
We found a shady spot to eat and rest for a while:
We couldn't stay forever, because we had a bunch of other errands to run, but it was a fun little date. (And we got there right before the big rainstorm came through, so that was fun!)
Saturday was our 66th monthiversary, and we spent the morning playing divide and conquer. BUT we were able to come back together for the afternoon and evening! I took pictures at the open house for the Friday night graduate, so Ryan met me there and we had cupcakes to celebrate our monthiversary!
We actually attended two open houses that day and then we went to my parents' house to help them with some things.
Happy monthiversary to us! :)
6 comments:
What a busy and fun time! Now I want some berry goodness (:
Tamar - I want some MORE! :)
I picked a ton of strawberries from my garden on Sunday- made shortcake and whipped some cream and had the best dessert I'd had in a while. Speaking of desserts, those cupcakes you had at the grad party look delicious.
You're so cute about the monthiversaries, haha! How fun! :-)
Maria - Those cupcakes would change your life. They come from a bakery here in Kokomo called J Edwards. Un.Real. I should go have one for you!
Callie - We celebrate them every single month! :)
Mmmmmmmm -- strawberries! I can't wait for strawberry season to begin here. Yum!!!
Post a Comment