Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Ten Fingers

If you've been hanging out here for a while, you know I love visuals. Perhaps it's a sign that I'm just an overgrown kid...I'm not sure. But I love learning any lesson that comes by way of a visual.

And last week, I had a chance to learn something amazing from one of our listeners. She came to the Chonda Pierce night I worked last week - and pulled me aside to talk to me for a while. I've met her before...she is such a fun lady who can BUILD...not only in a demo-your-house-and-redo it sort of way, but apparently also in a fun-furniture sort of way!

She showed me a little visual she came up with to help one of her friends who was going through a tough time.

I

can

do

all

things

through

Christ

Who

strengthens

me.

She said anytime she needs to remember the strength of Christ in her life, she just holds those hands in front of her and says the verse.

You know what I love about this? It fits anyone in any circumstances.

When I spread out my hands over a keyboard to write...I can do all things through Christ Who strengthens me. 

When I cup Ryan's face into my hands to look into his eyes and tell him I love him...I can do all things through Christ Who strengthens me.
When I curl my fingers around a steering wheel for my commute...I can do all things through Christ Who strengthens me.

All of it. Every part of my day. Every work of my hands...


I can do all things through Christ Who strengthens me.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like it--Molly

Anonymous said...

looooove this! :) Thank you for this and i plan to share it!

and girlie girl... how is that little Polly file coming along?

so so so sweet of you to name it that. made my day.

XOXO

Natasha said...

I love this too!!! Thank you so much for sharing.

Bekah said...

Molly - Thanks!!!!

Cheryl - Thank you so much!! :)

Polly - Well it's been a busy week and I kind of haven't had time to hit it yet...

Natasha - you're so welcome!