Remember the movie? Debra Messing? Dermot Mulroney? A sweet set of matching luggage and a ridiculously long plane ride? Oh - and the rented date?
Mine was nothing like that.
But last Saturday night, Ryan and I went on a date to his cousin's wedding reception. Ryan had to attend a work conference in the afternoon, so we weren't able to make it to the wedding. But I met him at work and we changed out of shorts and t-shirts into our wedding gear and headed over for the reception!
The decor was beautiful...a vintage theme...with gorgeous flowers.
...and our table card and candle {the wedding favor}...
After we sampled the appetizers, Ryan got curious about the tongs on the table. Here's his idea of a good use for them:
{Fortunately we knew everyone at our table. We were with all his siblings and another cousin. We were the only married, non-expectant couple at the table. Just to be on the safe side, I did not drink the water. Hopefully iced tea doesn't have the same effect, because I did drink the daylights out of that.}
Oh! And check out the cupcake display. Be still, my beating heart!
We ate dinner and then it was time for cake cutting. This is what happens when you try to take pictures from the back of the room. Kind of a hot mess of limbs and photographers.
Toasts followed....
And then we got up to dance. My first time to get to dance at a wedding when the married couples are invited forward to dance. And we don't even have a picture! Imagine it, though, if you would.
And just to help you, the song was "Everything I Do," and Ryan sang it to me, karaoke style, while we danced. He cracks me up!
And speaking of him cracking me up...here were some of his other evening antics:
Doing the YMCA of course...
...and more karaoke, using the candle as a mic. That's his sister there in the back, cracking up at him.
The bride and groom danced {isn't her dress gorgeous?}
As for me...well...when I wasn't enjoying THIS date...
...I sure was enjoying THIS one.
7 hours ago

3 comments:
Do you know where the cupcakes are from? Just curious...
~Jaime
I sure don't but I'll ask!
Those cupcakes look amazing and I was admiring the bride's hair and veil/hat thing. Beautiful!
Post a Comment