Thursday, July 26, 2012

These Are a Few of My Favorite Things...

It's been a while since I made you sit through a list of stuff I love. :) You've missed it, haven't you?

Well we can't have THAT!!

Here's a list of my current faves. It saddens me greatly to know so many of you have not heard of this true joy in life:
I'm sure it will shock you to know that Lynne got me hooked on these. They're like a granola bar, only way, way better. Not your mama's granola bar. This particular one is our favorite. Dark Chocolate Cherry Cashew. It's full of nuts and fruit and a charming layer of chocolate on the bottom. (HENCE the name. I like to state the obvious.) It is so good. It is good for you. And it's a very filling snacklet. And this week, when Kroger ran a special on them, it was the ONLY flavor sold out when I showed up to buy. Of course.

I may or may not have mentioned this (two hundred times) on the blog before, but this is my favorite place to shop:
If you were to help me do laundry (well, first of all, I'd thank you profusely for it!), you'd find about 85% of the tags in my clothes say CATO!!!!! Man, I love that store. Last time I went in, the cashier asked if I wanted to be put on the mailing list to be notified of specials. I said, "No need. I'm in here every week. I'll see them in person." Sad but true Bekah fact.

Ummm...we may or may not have a growing addiction on our hands here...
When gas prices went up, I had to give up my Shellac nails (sob) and I discovered this brand. Essie stays on longer than other polishes I've found and it dries pretty quickly. So I heart it. Times five, apparently. I think I need some red...and...and...and...

Confession: I am now a yogurt snob. I never intended to become one. Shoot, I never intended to like yogurt. But once again, Lynne has me hooked on this:
Guess what? They don't sell it in my county. Except for at one store...I just discovered it this week. It's at the snobby grocery. I never shop there because I feel the need to have incredible posture as I glide through the aisles. But for this yogurt, I shall straighten up and glide.

And we will NOT discuss the sheer and utter joy I experienced (akin to what mothers feel at the sight of their firstborn) when this arrived in my mailbox yesterday:

A new day planner. Praise the Lord. My Friday night plans? Hunkering down in front of the Olympics with my new pack o pens and this bad boy.

4 comments:

Sarah Forgrave said...

I've never heard of those granola bars. Yum! And you're hooked on yogurt now? I remember posting about Greek yogurt and getting hims-and-haws from you. So glad you've converted! :)

Bekah said...

I admit to not liking all yogurt. It's a texture thing. This one is really thick and I add honey to help with the bitterness. Add granola to give it crunch and SIGN ME UP!!!!

Find Kind bars. YOu'll love em.

Mark Allman said...

A day planner. I am a certified Franklin Covey Time management instructor so I love planners! The time management course I took years ago was by far the thing that has helped me be the most successful in my work.

Bekah said...

I'm glad you understand the joy of a planner!!! I've been flying by the seat of my pants for the past couple of years but I live in fear I'll space a work event, so it's back to the day planner I go!!! :)