You've probably been around here long enough to know that God uses unconventional methods to speak to me. :) What can I say? I'm a case! Sometimes I share those with you and sometimes they're so sacred I just keep them for myself. But this one I'm going to share because I think one of you...or maybe more...might need to know this today.
One day this week, my heart just needed some comforting. I wasn't scared or mad or hurt or anything really defined, but just...unsettled. So I pulled out my journal and told God, My heart needs comforting...
And then, since I was in a spot where all I had was the journal and my phone (not even my Bible!) - I hopped onto Twitter and started reading. I follow people who make fascinating meals, have cute kids, work out a lot, and share pictures of all those things.
But this day, it seemed no one was cooking, sitters must have been watching the kids, and the gym was closed. Because in the space of one hour, I found these quotes/verses:
"Victory is won not in miles but in inches. Win a little now, hold your ground, and later, win a little more." - Louie L'Amour
"If you don't plan your own life, someone else will." - Dan Rockwell
"Jesus knew He lived for the audience of one, not the audience of the crowd." - Mary DeMuth
"I will hasten and not delay to obey your commands." - Psalm 119:60
"Fear is a manipulative emotion that can trick us into living a boring life." - Donald Miller
"How exciting to see God's plan begin to take shape - and realize it is better than the requests you've been making to Him. - Tiffany Noth
"It's God's plan you've been looking for all along; the good news is, you've connected with it at long last! Hold to your faith in God and go forward." - Paul Stead
"God will only give you what you would have asked for if you knew everything He knows." - Timothy Keller
"Don't trust your own instincts more than God and His word. He's faithful and won't let us down. BELIEVE." - Michelle
"You position yourself for greatness by courageously embracing your challenges, which results in knowing God in deeper ways." - Bridget Haymond
"Fear corrodes our confidence in God's goodness. God has not given us a spirit of fear - but of power, love, and self-control." - Max Lucado
"Hope is the little voice you hear whisper Yes you can! when it seems the entire world is shouting No you can't!" - Tammy Trent
"Embrace the adventure of trusting God for He is completely trustworthy." - Jennifer Rothschild
Each one prepared me to read the one after...and by the end of the hour, my heart soared with hope - both from the words and from the knowledge that God heard a tiny, whispered heart-prayer of a need for comfort...and He spoke comfort.
15 hours ago
1 comment:
The weak can never forgive. Forgiveness is the attribute of the strong. Mahatma Gandi
Post a Comment