Sunday, July 01, 2012

It's the Weekly Recap!!

* Last Sunday I drove 500 miles in one day, through five states, to get home from vacation, THUS MARKING - my longest solo drive ever at one time. (Pathetic but true.) There was one furry little occupant of this house who was so excited to see me that she skipped eating her treat. (No occupants of this house often skip food, so that's kind of a big deal.) HOME SAFE! Praise the Lord!

* Monday I made my first pilgrimage to the lake (this year, anyway) and had a BLAST out on the water. And um....got totally crispy fried, DESPITE two applications of sunscreen and wearing a beach towel over my legs and feet for the last hour of the adventure. Still, important lesson learned: if you're going to get burned, take the band-aids off your feet first. (And sorry for the rest of the view. I am not a foot model! ICK!!)
* Tuesday I drove to Indianapolis to visit one of my college roommates, Jenny and we spent the day together! Her little boy is HILARIOUS and he cracked me right up. I also stopped to see my sister, Julie, and we had dinner together. And....guess what this girl did to continue the vacation adventure? Want a hint?
Second piercing! That is as close to the edge as I live.

* Wednesday was my last day off work, and my first day to be completely lazy. I slept in...watched TV...did some scrapping...you know, lazy stuff. Had some help with it too:
 Yep. She missed me. I went to visit my old office and then (sniff, sniff, moment of silence) I had to take my precious Sammy back to the rental place. Man, I loved that car. Wanted to keep him.

* Thursday I returned to work and actually enjoyed doing so!! (Hope you were sitting down for that!!) Lynne welcomed me back in style:

And we shared the airwaves for a show all about weddings. We had a blast. I just love working with her. Have I mentioned that?? And Thursday was also the day it was 106 degrees IN OUR STATE. That's about the hottest I ever remember it being in my adult (or ever) life. You can imagine my joy.

* Friday was a very full day. We had a ridiculously horrible storm in the afternoon. It blew up out of nowhere and Ms. Scared-to-Death-of Storms was in actual tears at her desk. I hate crying at work. Especially over dumb things like storms. This was Lynne's solution to my storm-drama:
It's not there if you can't see it, she says! It lasted a while and resulted in TONS of downed trees and debris in town...and 50,000 people without power...and much cooler temps! In other news...Lynne and I went to our party palooza winner's luau party (dressed for the occasion) - and I ran one mile without stopping. In nine minutes. Thankyouverymuch.

* Saturday night I hosted game night at my house!!! I had to miss the last one because I had the flu, so it was great to be back with my friends! And by that, of course, I mean getting my tail KICKED. I cannot win with these people. But I'm very good for their self-esteem!! :)


One Thousand Gifts: I will write more about this later, I'm sure, but on Friday, when Fort Wayne got blasted with the horrible storm, there were 50,000 people/places without electricity throughout the county. It was the night of our party palooza winner's party and despite the closed roads and lack of power, everyone was able to make it to the party, and both the store hosting the party AND the restaurant providing the food had power. I call that a miracle.

Pinterest Inspiration: People. Prepare to be amazed. (Are you prepared???)

I had to make a dessert for work this week, for a co-worker who is an amazing cook. Nothing puts fear in a girl like cooking for a cook. So, because THIS is a smart solution to that problem, I thought...hey! Let's try something brand new! (Never claimed to be intelligent, my friends.) So I made this:


Here is mine:
They. Loved. It. At. Work.

1 comment:

Phats said...

WAIT!! Is that me in the other half of the picture?? haha you did good in three for all