I worked on Wednesday before leaving that night, and when I got to work that morning, the lovely Sheryl left this present on my desk. I loved it because HELLO...it's food! and I loved it because she was so thoughtful in planning it (lime chips...my fave...a Kind bar...yum!...chocolate and peanut butter...yummy...and a Starbucks card!!) AND I loved it because she even got THIS bag because it looks like my Easter dress!!
Of course that evening, someone ELSE thought it was for her. Shaking head.
And this, my dear people, is why I don't fly.
My precious little car gets so much abuse every day, and he's old. He's 10 years old now. He's had a lot of work done lately and I just kinda wanted to keep everything new for him. So I rented this little guy and named him Sammy. Sammy the Civic. He was a GREAT car for a road trip!
I left home between 6 and 7 Wednesday evening and of COURSE...first stop?? STARBUCKS, BABY!!!
I drove until I was just about a half hour from Cincinnati and stopped for the night in good old Batesville, Indiana. Stopped there based on my mother's recommendation. Know what I found out? Batesville is 1) where they make caskets and B) where the movie Psycho was set. SERIOUSLY, MOM????? THIS IS WHERE YOU SUGGEST I STAY??????
Best part of being a grown up? You can eat cookies in bed at 11 p.m. and no one yells at you.
And that's how the trip began.

3 comments:
That's way more luggage than I brought to your house! --Lori
Bekah -
I still feel sorry for poor Braeya!
How many people were going and for how many days???? LOL
You find some of the neatest places to visit!
Lori - I know!!! You brought what...a PURSE?????? One half the size of mine?
Delta - I know...I feel sorry for her too, although she's still crazy spoiled and shouldn't garner pity. Um that would be one person for four days. :) And I have loved all my vacations - who ever would have thought I'd love to travel???
Post a Comment