If you've been hanging out here very long, you know that I frequently take little "challenges" from God, for 30 or 40 days at a time. He'll urge me to focus on something pretty intensely for that time frame and I love the things I learn along the way.
Well...I'm on to the next journey.
The adult Sunday School classes at our church are studying Experiencing God by Henry and Richard Blackaby and Claude King. It's not a new study...it's been around 20 years, actually. But I've not done it before, and I'm at a place in my own walk when I need to experience Him in a fresh way.
I was in a bit of a slump before I met Isaac, and God used the relationship and subsequent devastation to draw me closer to Him. Still to this day, that season remains my most intimate with the Lord and I'm so grateful for it. But lately I've struggled to find that same closeness, and goodness knows I do not want it to take new devastation to take me back to that place.
I want to go back to the intimate heart of God because I want to go there...not because I can't breathe and have no other choice.
I'm really excited about this journey. I know it has the potential to be toe-smashing hard. I know I might have to address things in my heart that I'd rather just skim right over. But I'm determined to study. I'm determined to ask questions. I'm determined to take the journey.
And just to show how God just recycles lessons to those who are slow to learn....
On the first day of the study, I read these words: "My primary concern should not be, What should I do with my life tomorrow? but, What does God want me to do today?"
Hmm.
Sound familiar?
15 hours ago
4 comments:
Knowing this wisdom, keeps the hearts of God's children open and teachable. Just know that in every season of your life this will happen over and over but even at my age, experiencing every day fresh and new with God's presence is lovely.
Thank you, friend!! I know the journey is never ending...but goodness knows I want to try to do everything I can to stay on the close part of it!
I did that study in college & have recently thought of doing it again.
They have an updated book now for the 20th anniversary. (Which, for all I know, could be a recovered version of the first...I never did it the last time!) But it could be a great summer project for you!
Post a Comment