We had lunch at Mom and Dad's and then came back to my house, where we took it easy the whole rest of the day. Naps...walks in the park...episodes of Bridezilla...a restful little Sunday!
* Monday was a holiday for me (thank you, Memorial Day!) and Lori and I spent the whole day together, shopping. We loved it. I kind of went a LITTLE crazy on the shopping - but that's okay. Right? I don't do that very often. Here we are taking a break on a swing at Lowe's. It was very comfy but I resisted the urge to purchase it.
* Tuesday night, after work, I met up with the fam again for...you got it! MORE FOOD! Lori had her tenderloin, which is always part of the Indiana pilgrimage.
After dinner, I sprawled out in the hammock for a while (oh yes! There's now a hammock!) and then went for a run. Run + blister = ouch. (Just in case you weren't sure.) It was a PERFECT night for a run!
* Wednesday evening I had dinner with my best friend, Lynnette and her husband! So excited to see them. It's a rare treat! Know what else is a rare treat? This:
* Guess what I did on Friday? Went for pizza with my friend Mark. We watched the movie Groundhog Day - which, amazingly enough, I'd NEVER SEEN. Don't even talk to me about how behind I am. (I did recognize a lot of the hair in the movie as hair I'd had.) And again - I failed at a picture. Bad Bekah. I think my brain cells had been overcome by food. :)
* Saturday was a beautiful day AT HOME. I'd nearly forgotten such a thing exists. I slept in until my eyes popped open (via Braeya's hollering in my ear because APPARENTLY she was ready for her treat...2 hours earlier). I had much to accomplish at home - it was a hot little mess here. Got it all done!! And I grilled! Yes. More food talk. SORRY!! :)
One Thousand Gifts: Tuesday evening's phone call with Olivia...in the hammock...gently swinging...was a really beautiful moment. My life is pretty fast paced. It's not often I get the chance to just sit in a hammock (or anywhere) and rest. I didn't take it for granted.
Pinterest Inspiration: My friend Kari told me about this pin she'd found - and I had a blast playing with it. It's a website where you can plug in your starting and ending points on a trip, choose your route, and then it tells you places to eat, shop, and play along the way!! You know how I'm always vacation dreaming, so I had some FUN with this one!



No comments:
Post a Comment