Wednesday, May 23, 2012

And Then They Got Lost

After Lynne and I ate dinner Friday night, it was still pretty early, so brilliant-party-of-one, here, suggested we go for a walk through the campus of Denison University, which is in Granville. We'd walked by it earlier in the day, and the grounds looked pretty, so I wanted to see it up close. Welcome to the up close tour.

First of all, this is your best friend after multiple large iced teas and a massive waffle cone:
We lucked out. It was graduation weekend and the buildings were actually unlocked.

No idea what this building is, but it's representative of the beautiful architecture all over campus.

And these, my friends, were the steps. Yes, they do continue on out of sight there. And guess what? We hiked 'em. In our dress shoes.

But not before we stopped to ponder the amusement of old language where they used V for U. "Vpward."

We made it to the top of all those steps and pondered taking advantage of this bad boy. (But we didn't.)

Lynne, at the top of the hill, doing her Evita impersonation. "Don't cry for me, Argentina!"

Her view. Hard to believe we'd just walked by the front doors of the churches that were just steeples in our view!

Lynne and the 1905 bench made entirely out of cement.

More gorgeous architecture.

An observatory. We just observatoried it from the street.

Every lamp post reminded me of Narnia, so I finally just had my picture taken with the thing.
Gorgeous. (There was a wedding going on in here, I think. We pondered going in to speak as to why this man and this woman should not be wed, but we didn't. See how good we were on our vacation?)

And after getting lost and almost chased by a dog and having blisters on our feet and whining our way back down all those stairs...we noticed the quote SAID, "Nor whine ovt woes." I think ve vhined ovt voes.

And in case the pictures weren't enough...how about a little video? (We are sorry...but this is truly how we are. Please laugh.)

8 comments:

Julie said...

you possibly should not be allowed in public together. just sayin. :)

mj in indiana said...

Bekah!!! You two are a funny pair!! I dont think you two need to worry about eating ice cream.... I think you ran that off!! Up and down stairs to boot!! You two are a comedy show!! MJ

Bekah said...

Julie - It really is true. Oh my goodness. We are a pair!

MJ - I don't think we really RAN...but if blisters count for calories burned, we are GOLDEN.

Mark said...

I lavghed ovt lovd mvltiple times as I read this entry.

Bekah said...

Mark - SWEET! Then I have accvmplished my gval. (And it's very hard to write that way. I'm glad we dvn't have tv use it anymvre.) (I am, however, glad for actual tv.)

Bekah said...

I would like to clarify, Mark, that this is why I should not respond to blog comments (or do anything involving words) prior to coffee. I changed all the o's ot V's, not the U's. GOOD GRIEF. I was going to delete it but it's too stupid to deprive you of it, so I left it. Just shake your head at me and if you need to reconsider associating with me, I totally understand!!

Jamie said...

Love, love, love the video! :)

Bekah said...

Jamie - what we needed was YOU in it!!!