Saturday, July 30, 2011

July: Done

Well...it's almost done. :) But tomorrow is weekly recap day, so we're rounding out the month a day early.

This month wasn't really any slower than June! So buckle your seat belts and sail through the past four weeks with me.

* Of course the biggest news was starting my new job at WBCL. Talk about a total career change! I went from reading federal regulations and running a calculator all day to learning to engineer a control panel and hunting down potential guests through all manner of interesting search methods. (Channeling my inner Locater.) I adore this job and know for certain that this was the God-ordained step for me right now.

* Made all sorts of new friends at the station. They are one great bunch of people, let me tell you. I never felt anything less than loved and completely welcomed. That's a huge step for a girl who never used to fit in anywhere!

* Participated in my first parade at the Three Rivers Festival in Fort Wayne. I helped carry the station banner - and the parade was even on TV. It was a fun day and a great ice-breaker into the new job.

* Became a commuter for the first time in my life. The drive is truly not bad. It's a straight shot and most days the traffic isn't heavy at all. I don't mind the time in the car...usually turns into worship, which is great. But I'm not interested in being a commuter all my life. Not my gift.

* I was baptized in a pond in a beautiful service that I loved so much. After months of planning it and wondering what it would be like, I absolutely loved the way it turned out. So many people said it was "so Bekah." I think that's supposed to be a good thing. :) I loved that it was personal and had a theme and was just gorgeous.

* Had a party for thirty or so people after the baptism was over. That was a lotta cooking! I don't often have a large group of people over because my house isn't really set up for that many people. But we had a great time and new friendships were formed right here under this roof. That made me pretty happy. That's what home is about for me.

* Sorted, sorted, sorted through a whole household (and attic) of stuff for things I wanted to put in a moving sale in preparation for my sister's upcoming visit to do the whole sale from start to finish. Eleven years in one house leads to accumulation.

* Became "more official" at work after receiving my business cards, going to my photo shoot, and having my on-air introduction. I think I'm a real person now! Those were some fun moments for sure!

* Embraced my inner Paula Abdul by serving as a judge for the Campus Challenge competition again this year.

* Said goodbye to my sweet baby kitty, Kaegan, who died on July 23rd at the age of ten. I miss him terribly. I always knew the day would come when I'd have to say goodbye...I just never thought it would be this soon.

* Participated in "wedding week" for Miss Olivia...including her bachelorette party, the rehearsal/dinner, and today...the wedding!


Stone Altar: End of July

No comments: