Monday, June 26, 2017

The Date Inspired by the Letter K

We are having such fun with our alphabetical dates. We're almost to the halfway point, and I'm enjoying the thrill of looking for unusual (and affordable) things to do on each one. I keep asking Ryan if he's really having fun with them or if this is just one of those things he endures to keep his quirky wife happy. He assures me he's enjoying them. Whew!

So this past Friday night, we tackled the letter K!
Also, I have forgotten which end of the camera to look at. Eyeroll.

We had plans for the evening but needed to have dinner at home before we went out and about, so our dinner was made up of....kabobs!!

I went to the store to get them that afternoon, and it started POURING as soon as I got there. So I hung out in the parking lot for a while seeing if it would possibly let up.
 But anyway. Got the kabobs and grilled them on our little panini maker. They were done in no time!
I had chicken and he had beef. They were really good. I love the way kabobs are a meal all in one! Veggies and meat: DONE!

After we ate, we headed out to our next adventure: a KIDDO'S birthday party. Our friends that we double date with a lot were celebrating their daughter's second birthday, so we went over to be part of the festivities. It was a unicorn themed party, and since they are fabulous cooks, the food was both cute and delicious.

We had several errands to run that we needed to do that night, since we were busy the rest of the weekend, so while we ran to and fro, we added in some car KARAOKE.
 And of course, no date inspired by the letter K is complete without a little kissing! There is a picture of that, but maybe that's not your favorite thing to look at, so I'll spare you. This time. :)

Fun night! The letter L date is up shortly, and I'm excited for it. I think Ryan will be too. He doesn't know yet what it is! :)

(All the rest are here.)





4 comments:

Maria Rineer said...

It rained here pretty hard on Friday for a good part of the day. 'Twas great for the garden. Speaking of veggies, did you assemble your kabobs or did you buy them already assembed?

Odie Boggs said...

Did the kabobs come from Kroger in Kokomo? LOL did you have a K cup on your date.
I love all your dates.

Bekah said...

Maria - I bought them already assembled. (Ryan didn't even know you could do that!) I have made my own before, but this time I didn't have all the ingredients on hand and it was faster and cheaper to buy them already made. (Plus they were on sale! BONUS!!!)

Odie - YOU WIN ALL THE POINTS! Yes! They DID come from KROGER in KOKOMO. I didn't even think of that. What in the world!

Natasha said...

Oh, I am about to menu plan and you've inspired me to add Kabobs to the menu. What a quick, easy, healthy meal. Thanks for the inspiration :)