Tuesday, June 06, 2017

The Date Inspired by the Letter J

First up...it's podcast Tuesday! I think the title says it all this week.

I told you yesterday that we celebrated monthiversary 54 last Friday, and before I knew that Ryan wanted to go to the Strawberry Festival, I'd already planned for us to do our next alphabetical date that evening. I saw no reason why we couldn't do both dates in one night, so that's exactly what we did!
The theme for this one? Java, Jammies, and Jenga!

We started with a stop by Starbucks for some java. 
Then we went home to change into jammies and play Jenga. 

For those of you who don't know, our Jenga game doubles as our guest book, so whenever we play, we also get to see the names of the people who have come to see us since we moved into our new home! 
 Let the record show that the last time I played this, I failed miserably, so I figured this would be a pretty easy win for Ryan. I still lost, but at least I lost a little better!
 She made a hasty exit when the first one toppled.
Concentration....
 Yeah, I know. You're not supposed to use two hands. I'm still claiming rookie status.
 Whoopsie!
I highly recommend this date if you need something fun and different to do at home. It didn't cost anything except the coffee (which we actually got with a gift card) and was fun!

(Here's the link to all our alphabetical dates so far!)


5 comments:

Tamar SB said...

So simple but a great time together!!

Shari said...

I LOVE playing games; free and fun!

Maria Rineer said...

"our Jenga games doubles as our guest book." Reason 5386 that I like you guys and your blog :)

Paula Alexandra Santos said...

Hi Bekah!
Things have been a little crazy around here, but for a good reason! We're having some (a lot) work done in our house.
Nuno is plastering, we're painting, windows are being replaced, our building is being renovated outside also...
But besides the tons of dust and having everything moved around (sigh), I'm so happy, because almost 2 years ago, Nuno couldn't do any of these things. And now, he has strenght and I can see he's so happy, to be able to do everything again!
"Be still..." Remember?!
About your blog, I'm so far behind, that I have to take a whole day, just to keep up with blogs!
I've never played Jenga, but it seems fun. And hard!
:)

Bekah said...

Tamar and Shari - TRUE!

Maria - LOL!! We loved that!

Hi Paula! Take all the time you need! I have to do blog catch up days too! I'm so glad Nuno is feeling better! Big praise!