Sunday, September 06, 2015

The Shafferland Shuffle

* Our busy week kicked off with our date last Sunday! We drove to Indianapolis to witness the wedding of our friend Megan, to her Daniel. It was a fun wedding and I know I've already told you about it, but we really enjoyed the opportunity to witness their vows, see old friends, and serve by helping to clean up after the reception ended. Even though we got home late at night and forfeited our beloved Sunday nap, the day was wonderful!
* Monday was the day of the unexpected. Ryan had a long morning at work, so at the last minute, I decided to drive over and surprise him at lunch, so I got him a sweet tea and some dessert, and we spent his lunch time together outside, just talking and enjoying our impromptu date. That afternoon, I worked on printing out the book I just finished writing {because I edit better on paper}, and I was surprised with a visit from Ryan's mom and aunt! They brought Starbucks and we had the best time talking! Ryan and I went out for a run that night, where Ryan became a human windshield against the plague of bugs that settled over our running path, and we had one more surprise that night when my friend Amber ended up coming over for dinner! It was a simple little dinner, but we loved having her.
* Tuesday I spent a big chunk of the day editing with my marker and highlighter - happiness!!!! I baked snickerdoodle bread for Ryan and worked to clean up the house and make a better dinner than I'd made the night before. {Sometimes being a writer means I'm not a very good homemaker.} And after dinner, we enjoyed our cake pop treat his aunt gave us the day before. We decided we're big fans!!
* Wednesday was our 33rd monthiversary, and we celebrated, as you know, by going out for ice cream after dinner. We also had the worst run of our 7 weeks of training, and we decided not to hate ourselves for it. And earlier in the day, I had the chance to go to a meeting for a Bible study starting up for the fall. I haven't been part of a Bible study group since I've been married, and I'm so excited about it. Ryan encouraged me to go to the meeting, and I'm so glad he did. I think it will be a very good thing.
* Thursday, one of my friends came over for lunch, and while I failed to take ANY pictures, we had a wonderful time chatting together, and I loved that! I spent the afternoon reading and drinking iced coffee, and when Ryan got off work, we FINALLY got to meet our new little nephew! I'd been waiting almost 2 weeks for this! He's a cutie and we loved holding him, even though it was pretty busy at their house, and we didn't get to stay very long. But at least we can now say we've met him!
* Friday, I had a special treat when my friend Julie and her boys came to town and we got to have lunch together! {I have seen a lot of friends this week, haven't I??} Ryan worked all day, but when he came home, we went out on a date! Our friend Brent was singing in Muncie, so we drove over there to hear his concert and then went to dinner after. {We were so hungry, we didn't even take food pictures. THAT is hungry.} It was a fun night, and I am so glad Brent was actually IN Indiana so we could see him!
* Ryan worked yesterday, and Braeya and I had an off day together. And by "off," I mean we didn't leave the couch. I scrapbooked and she slept and we were in a funk together. Ryan and I went for a run when he got home, and we FINALLY had a good run - even though we smelled VILE after we were done. Ryan was a good husband and recognized I needed Culver's so we had a mini-date night!!

5 comments:

Maria Rineer said...

Attending a wedding, writing, baking, spending time with friends, holding a baby, running, eating at Culver's- it sounds like a nearly perfect week- except for Ryan and those bugs. That image of him with the bugs on him is going haunt me for awhile, lol.

Tamar SB said...

Oh my that picture of Ryan and the dead bugs - too funny!!
I totally edit better on paper, too!

Bekah said...

LOL Sorry Maria!!!! It was pretty weird!!

Tamar - I just love paper. No kindle for me - book girl all the way!

Adrienne said...

Love the way you chronicle with your collages! Nice!

Natasha said...

Except for the yucky runs, this sounds like a great week. I am also a paper and pen kind of girl. And I am slightly envious of your quiet Saturday although I'm sure you missed Ryan.