Tuesday, September 08, 2015

A Concert Date Night

First of all...a very happy birthday to my Mom!!! Today is her day, so in honor of that, I won't give away her age OR sing to her, but I hope she has a very happy day!

Last Friday night, Ryan and I had a fun date, and I wanted to tell you about it.

It's been about 15 years now {eeek!!} since I first learned about Brent Vernon. He's an indie artist who is, I think, one of the most humble, God-loving guys I've ever met. I've been to see him in concert a few times and even used one of his songs at my baptism a few years ago.

Brent travels full time - all around the country, all year long, singing and doing ventriloquism, and when he's not doing that, he's writing and illustrating children's books - CRAZY talent, that one has.

Ryan and Brent hadn't met yet, and when I found out Brent was actually going to be IN Indiana for once {rare!!} I asked Ryan if we could make his concert our date!

So after a ridiculously long and exhausting week for my husband-of-the-year, we piled in the car and drove to Muncie to hear Brent.
{Because we don't know how to be serious.}

Brent just released a new album, and many of the songs he did that night were from it....so I got to learn some new stuff!

And wherever there's Brent, there's Sam the dummy. Ryan and I are overgrown kids, so we loved the Sam part.

We appreciated a very warm welcome from the pastor of the church and really enjoyed the chance to hear Brent and talk to him before and after the concert.

And then...we were SO HUNGRY!!!! So we took our last Buffalo Wild Wings gift card and chowed down on dinner. I would show you what we got, except we were so hungry, we didn't even bother taking pictures of our food. {STOP. WHAT?????}
We were nearly in a food coma, so we walked in the door and went straight to bed. LOL!! Oh my. We have gotten old, haven't we???

Thanks, Ryan, for such a fun date night. I loved it! And thanks, Brent, for a wonderful concert!!

3 comments:

Tamar SB said...

Happy birthday to your mom!!
What a fun night out together!

Bekah said...

It was! Really enjoyed it. :)

Natasha said...

That is great that you got to connect with such a long-term friend. (I was trying to avoid the word "old" there!) And I can't believe you waited until AFTER the concert to eat. Yikes.

And a belated Happy Birthday to your mom. I hope she had a GREAT day!