The last couple of weeks here have not been life altering, really, but they've been tiring. Squeezing in our training, muddling through car repairs {One of our vehicles is on its third repair shop in two weeks. We are thrilled.}, tip-toeing around the mess made by the work we had done last week, repairing the further issues created by that work, and now more dental fun for me. Seems like we can't even wrap one thing up before the next thing crashes in. {And thankfully one of the things that crashed in was NOT our ceiling - ha!}
We're so particular, aren't we? Wanting one little problem {or big one} at a time, and longing for that one to be neatly wrapped up before the next one presents itself. Pretty much never happens that way.
In truth, life presses in sometimes, and I know some of you are going through it right now. You've got crazy schedules that take your breath away, you've got grief of the deepest kind that just won't go away, no matter how far from the event on the calendar you crawl, and you've got illness and treatments that are sometimes rougher on you than the illness ever felt. My heart hurts for you and the stuff you're facing, and I know some of you are facing it largely on your own.
So today I hoped we could just all curl up around the blog and encourage each other. You have been kind to lift me up with your words, and I'd love to lift you up right back. {And maybe some of you want to lift each other up - that's okay too!}
Give me a little holler {in the comments or an email or whatever you like} and tell me if there's something I can pray over for you...I'd love to do it.
Meanwhile, please know, my dear friends, how much you're loved here in Shafferland. We continue to shake our heads that so many of you pop in every single day to read our adventures and read the musings of our souls. We are grateful for you and the ways you've lifted us up on hard days, and today we want to return the favor.
And if life is just so hard today, I want to be careful that my encouragement to you is not trite, because when your soul is suffocating, you don't want to hear glib lines like "This won't last forever" or "It could be worse" or anything at all regarding a bright side. So rather than those eye-roll-inducing things, I just offer to you that you are loved, and Jesus knows this hurt you have. He does. Even if it's the kind of hurt you haven't dared to breathe aloud to anyone else, He sees it. On the days when my own hurts press in, I just curl up in the corner of the fat chair and just imagine His arms around me. That fat chair has offered me a lot of visits to the lap of the Lord. Find yourself a fat chair and curl up and know you're loved and He sees.
And if you feel like sharing, we will pray and encourage.
6 comments:
Boo on the dental work!! You all need a break!
You are too sweet to want to pray for us. Prayers for my uncle who is sick is really all I could ask for- you're the best!
Yes, you are the best. Your faithfulness is an inspiration and your willingness to share what's on your heart is nothing short of incredible. That you impart your faith and share your heart with such good writing is just the icing on the cake. Please pray for my kids- will have two teenagers soon. Agh! Thanks.
How about commiseration? Andrew's car has been in the shop for a solid week (well, two of them actually) and I spent last week searching for a cheap old used car, but in the end, we decided to keep his and pay for the repairs (again). So we're right there with you.
We could use some prayers for Emily. She's just struggling with a lot of issues at the moment and is just tough to parent. It's hard to know how to help her at times.
And I will keep you guys in my prayers. I completely understand how you feel about everything (even small things) piling up at the same time. It's exhausting.
I think sometimes it can be harder when it's lots of little things rather than one big thing. Not that either situation is easy. Praying for an easier week for you all next week.
Tamar - the break you referred to is not coming in my teeth, right??? :) Praying for your uncle today!
Maria - Thank you very much for your kind words. And should I be praying for your kids or for YOU? Pretty sure my mom needed it worse than I did when I was a teen!
Christina - BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!! Isn't it maddening that there is no such thing as a cheap used car anymore? Praying for sweet Miss Em. I know you are great parents, but I can't imagine the frustration of helplessness
Alison - Yes! That proverbial straw and that crazy camel!! How many broken backs has he had now?????
Bekah, as with you, it's no one big thing but all the little things piling up that I'm finding really hard right now. You probably already know to pray for us as we adjust to our new normal. Specifically, I would ask you to please pray especially that Dave and I will still find time (make time) to connect well with each other in the craziness that our life has become.
Post a Comment