I'm not sure if I enjoyed American Idol more tonight because the genre of music was more appealing to me...or rather because I wasn't dying on the elliptical while I watched. It's a toss-up. Either way, I much preferred this week's music to last. My thoughts (and apologies in advance to Phats, as usual)...
1. Blake - I thought he was very classy tonight - both in his clothing choice and his song presentation. I really like Blake and still think he is far and away the best the of the guys. Good job, Blake.
2. Chris - I wasn't raving inside as much as the judges were over his song, but I just love Chris. He's such a cutie! I do think he had one of his personal best nights ever, though.
3. Melinda - ONCE AGAIN, I cried. Why does she always make me cry? I hated the dress - I didn't think it was very flattering to her, but she nailed that song. WOW. I was thrilled for her that the judges can't find anything to criticize. I still think she should win the entire competition. She is classy, fun, and that beautiful spirit in her should be shared with the world.
4. Phil - I thought he did better than the judges gave him credit for...I knew he was singing that song to his wife. That's dangerous though because she's just one vote (or a small handful at any rate) compared to America. I love Phil and want to see him go on, but I'm worried that he's in trouble this week.
5. Jordin - She really is a joy magnet. They nailed that one. I loved her outfit way more than last week - and I thought she did a good job. I don't think it was her best ever, but she still did great.
6. Gina - She looked STUNNING this week. I was so proud of her for stepping aside from her rocker image (though I love Rocker Gina) and showing that she has another side to her...and proving that very well. Some people try to show another side and only end up showing that they don't have another side. Good job, Gina.
7. Sanjaya - Oh Sanjaya. Actually, in looks and sound, I thought this was probably his best week yet. I was glad he toned it down from the ponyhawk. His quirky ability to entertain will probably carry him through another week...in a very strange way, I like him, but he's just not in the league of the others.
8. Haley - Haley, Haley, Haley. Eh, her song was okay, she looked "good" (that was thrown in just for Phats), but I have to say that I really didn't feel sorry for her when it came time for the judges' comments. What were they supposed to say? When you dress to garner attention, then you can't be mad when all you get is an "I like your legs." He probably didn't even hear the song. She is pretty, she is not a bad singer, and I wish she'd just forget about skimpy clothes and wiggling all around the stage and SING to show us what she can do.
9. Lakisha - I liked her song better this week than last. I still think she's not raised her game quite as much as Melinda. In my book, the gap between them is widening. But all in all, I think she did a good job. Her dress was very pretty, I thought.
My bottom 3 - boy that's a tough one. I'm going to go with Chris, Phil, and Haley. I'm going to guess that Phil gets the boot this week.
5 comments:
Pretty good job Bekah. One question, though could you be doing with Chris what i do with haylee, on looks alone, because he isn't very good either! HAHA Sanjaya didn't know Simon was being sarcastic I am afraid, and did you see him flash the wrong number with his fingers? vote for (he was 7) and he held up 8 fingers
Favorites
Blake, Melinda, Jordin, Lakesha
Bottom 3
Haylee, Phil, Sanjaya(easily sub Gina/Chris in there)
Bye Bye
PHIL! YAY! I don't like him
Phats - Okay I'll give you that. I love Chris like you love Haley - WOOPS! I almost typed Lakisha. LOL. But I guess I like Chris better overall because I don't feel like he throws his looks out there - but maybe he does more than I think. Goodness knows he sure could!
I was cracking up at Sanjaya missing the sarcasm, but I missed the 8 fingers...I was gluing Easter baskets at the time.
Yahoo has Lakisha and Jordin in the bottom 3 tonight - with Haley going home. WHAT?
Sanjaya is still in the competition?
Well according to Yahoo - the competition "needs" him. You don't agree?
Your Easter basket is with my birthday card.
Post a Comment