It has just been a weird couple of weeks! I told Ryan multiple times how grateful I am that I'm not working a standard, full-time job anymore, because it has been such a blessing to be able to help Mom and Dad (and others) so much in the last couple of weeks. But it's also made it strange to find blogging material! So I thought we'd kick off the week with some FUN! Found this little game of twenty questions. I'll throw my answers in and you can feel free to toss back any of your own that you'd like!
1. Do you like blue cheese? Only within the last year have I been able to eat it without gagging. It's still not my first choice, but I guess I can say I actually like it. This means I'm getting old, doesn't it?
2. What flavor Kool-Aid? I no longer drink this, but as a kid, any red flavor was my favorite! I used to make a big pitcher of it every Thursday night at church for the kids I taught.
3. Do you get nervous before a doctor's appointment? I can't even type about it without sweating. White coat syndrome big time!! I'm such a toddler!
4. What do you think of hot dogs? Why can't they be healthy? I love them! I don't like corn dogs, but regular hot dogs? Sign me up. And please hurry, spring, so it can be fire pit/hot dog roasting weather!!!
5. What do you prefer to drink in the morning? Coffee: is there another answer?
6. Can you do a push-up? Yes - the orange kind that you eat! Oh, the exercise kind? Nope. I have the upper body strength of an infant.
7. What's your favorite piece of jewelry? My engagement and wedding rings! I wear jewelry every single day (earrings, necklace, and bracelet) but I am not a spend-big-bucks-on-jewelry kind of girl. In fact, my favorite earrings, which I also get the most compliments on, were two bucks on clearance a few years ago.
8. Do you have a hobby? Too many to count! We'll go with scrapbooking, reading, baking cookies, taking pictures, writing...probably should stop there.
9. Do you wear glasses? Nope - I have 20/12 vision. (I made that up. It's really 20/20 but it's better than 20/20 so I felt I should reflect that. It's better than 20/15 but not quite 20/10, so I settled on 20/12) In 6th grade, I wore fake glasses to school because I liked how they looked, and I got in trouble from a woman who said I would ruin my eyes if I kept wearing them. She made me take them off at school, but she wasn't the boss at home, so I kept wearing them there. I also wore an updated version of fake glasses in my early 20's when parents of students didn't take me seriously because I looked so young. The glasses did actually help me be treated more respectfully, believe it or not. All those fake glasses and I still have 20/12 vision. I bit my tongue from mentioning it when I saw that lady out and about a few months ago.)
10. Who was your childhood idol? Dan Jansen. (He's a speed skater. It's a long story.)
11. Name three drinks you drink regularly? Coffee, water, Coke. (But mostly coffee and water. And now I want a Coke since I've talked about it.)
12. Favorite place to be? With Ryan. Whether that's home or on the road - just wherever he is. He's my person.
13. How did you bring in the new year? We went to our friends' Mike and Angie's house and played virtual reality games. Everyone but Ryan ate fun food. He ate chicken noodle soup. Hello, dying gallbladder.
14. Where would you like to go? Seaside, Florida. It's on the bucket list.
15. Do you own slippers? Yes! Two different kinds, actually. But I can only wear them when it's really cold because otherwise my feet get too hot. Broken internal thermostat, you know.
16. Can you whistle? Nope. I've tried to learn. Fail, fail, fail.
17. Last thing that made you laugh? Ryan's work stories. They are the best.
18. What's your favorite animal? Don't tell Braeya, but I think it might be dogs. EEEK!
19. Worst pain? Worst physical pain I've ever had was my gallbladder attacks. Several over the course of the 15 years I had them were so bad that my lips and fingers would go numb and it felt like I was having a heart attack. Worst soul pain I ever had was from breaking up with those I loved.
20. Do you like to dance? If, by dancing, you mean scooting around the floor, shuffle style, yes! I cannot do ACTUAL dance steps, though I find it beautiful to watch.
Happy Monday, my friends!! Have any answers of your own? Tell me! :)
2 days ago

9 comments:
That was fun!
Super jealous of your vision!!!
Aye! I'm jealous of your vision, too. I was happy when a couple of weeks ago, my eye doctor said that I probably still have a few years left before I need a bifocals. #middleageproblems
Tamar and Maria - If I take after my Mom, I'm probably at the tail end of my wonderful vision. I think (if I remember right) she had to start using readers when I was born, when was when she was 41. From there it just kind of went downhill. So I'm enjoying it while it's here!!
1. Despise
2. not a fan
3. I hate Dr appointments
4. I eat them. They hurt my stomach at times.
5. I'm bad a soda
6. Can you do a push-up? Yes - the orange kind that you eat! I'm with you there!!!
7. Don't wear jewelry. I do wear a watch
8. Southern Gospel Music
9. yes! Praise God I have 20/20 vision almost 3 years ago I went 9 days blind in my left eye. God gave me a miracle.
10. Who was your childhood idol? Sonya Isaacs
11. Water, Coke Zero and diet dr. Pepper
12. Beach
13. At church
14. KEY WEST, Hawaii, Alaska, Holy Land ......
15. Yes
16. NOT AT ALL
17. Your blog
18. Monkey
19. Abscesses tumor
20. No
I cannot eat blue cheese. I once ordered a salad and that was my first unpleasant meeting with blue cheese. haha!
Also, I have major white coat syndrome. Thankfully, my husband is a nurse and very good with all things medically so he will take me to doctor's appointments so I don't have to go alone. That's the best.
Odie - Twenty million points for playing the whole game!!! I learned new things!! :)
Rachel - I remember the first time I tried to eat blue cheese. I was visiting friends in Wisconsin and they made this whole cheese tasting spread for me, and it included blue cheese. I so wanted to be polite and try it and it was AWFUL. They told me to try it with honey and pears and I did try it, but it didn't help. I still couldn't just straight up eat it, but I can handle it on a salad now.
Good call marrying a nurse!!!! That definitely is the best!
YES . . . DAN JANSEN!!!! Such a great guy. Although, I thought you would have said David Phelps! (Maybe that came later.)
The pushup answer was THE BEST!! I was laughing out loud here at my desk! Thanks for making my morning! :-)
Post a Comment