Tuesday, October 11, 2016

Wedding Dates

Spill the Beans this week features a slightly {cough, cough} mannish-sounding Bekah. Stupid cold. But enjoy it anyway. We chat about the sickness and health part of the wedding "vowels" {as we jokingly call them} and about the wedding we attended this weekend, which you can see more of below!

So as we mentioned in the podcast, Ryan's cousin, Noelle, got married this past weekend. Noelle has four brothers and sisters, and she's the second of the crew to get married. Noelle and I were somewhat of kindred hearts in the way we waited and prayed for a husband, and I was so excited to watch her marry the man God brought along for her. {I don't know him terribly well yet, but I find him to be an incredible, God-honoring man.}

This is what happens when you ask Ryan for a wedding selfie.
{That was actually about the sixth take, but he won't let me post any of the rest. They were too goofy even for him!}

Finally he "smiled right."

The wedding was simple and wonderful. The church had just one big, multi-purpose space, so they used it for both the wedding and the reception. We sat at tables for both!

{I was waiting to blog about it until I saw some pictures surfacing on Facebook. I know there are all kinds of rules about not posting wedding pictures until the bride does, but enough were floating around that I don't think I'll be in trouble.}




I didn't get any close-ups of the bride and groom, so I borrowed this one from Ryan's mom's stash. Total credit to her!

Meanwhile, we hung out with another one of Ryan's cousins, April, who is my twin. Not in looks, obviously, but we are frighteningly one in mind.
Because they had an hour in between the ceremony and the reception, they set up a popcorn bar to keep the guests fed and happy. It was a fun idea and delicious popcorn, I might add!


They served a delicious picnic-inspired dinner: hot dogs and brats, mac n cheese, grapes, and they also had bundt cakes - all of them handmade by the bride's sister. She made twenty-one bundt cakes. All by herself!

The kids were getting a little stir-crazy after dinner, so Ryan and I took them out to the playground.


So that was our fun evening at the wedding! We stopped for coffee on the way home, and called it a great night! {Even if I did sound horrible from this stupid cold!!!}

5 comments:

Tamar SB said...

What a fun time out celebrating the couple! Her dress is gorgeous!

Maria Rineer said...

My computer didn't display the pictures (just a box where the pictures should have been) :(. Well, is SOUNDS like it was a great wedding and maybe someday I'll come back to the page and my computer will display the images.

Odie Boggs said...

Hope you are feeling better

Anonymous said...

i hope you feel better! I think that is so cool she made cakes for her sister. and 21? Wow that's impressive! XOXO

Bekah said...

Tamar - seeing the dress is one of my favorite parts of weddings!

Maria - hope you get to see the pictures someday. Ironic that it gave you issues, as it gave ME issues posting them!

Odie and Polly - Feeling better today but not well yet. Whew!