Earlier this week, as I surfed the world wide web {probably via Pinterest...I know this shocks you}, I happened upon a post that included a link back to the bloggers posts from the same day on previous years. I hadn't seen anyone do that before, and it intrigued me.
So just for funsies, in this my tenth year of blogging, I thought I'd go back and see what was on my mind on this day, October 28th, in years gone by.
2006: Did not blog that day. Slacker.
2007: Ahhhh the "Bits" posts. You may or may not have known that before I wrote this blog, I wrote a weekly email column called "Bits from Bekah's Life." I sent it out every Sunday night, and when I started blogging, the "Bits" columns were also copied and pasted into blog posts each week. This post explored my newly implemented habits of trying to exercise regularly, make healthier food choices, not drink pop {!?!?!}, floss regularly, and learn to see my physical worth in the eyes of God. Hmmmm....some things are a lifelong struggle, aren't they?
2008: I had begun to introduce recipes to my posts, and on this day, I shared my egg and sausage loaf {breakfast casserole} recipe. This was one of my very first Bekah-staple recipes. Also. Let's not discuss my photography of eight years ago.
2009: I had just started doing Angela Thomas's Bible study, called Do You Think I'm Beautiful?, and I found myself stumped by one of the questions in the workbook. Many thanks to my faithful early-year blog readers who popped in to encourage me. Also: that Bible study was a really thought-provoking one. If you're looking for a good study, I recommend it. I spend much time in reflection over Angela's words!
2010: I had just returned home from my first post-desert vacation and was in the middle of recapping the fun I'd had visiting friends in Illinois and Wisconsin. This post chronicled my trip between the two locations, including the moment my car overheated in a traffic jam. Talk about panic! {There are also a few funny parts to this day's travel story. Ohhhhhh, Bekah.}
2011: I was four months in to my new job at WBCL, and Lynne had just begun to have me join her {on select occasions} on the air. One of our first projects was a monthly "Kitchen Caboodle" show. {Anyone remember that?} We had gotten together at her house to make pumpkin snickerdoodles and a chili recipe, both from Sandi Patty's cookbook. I managed to break a glass, and Lynne managed to dump a pan of cookies in the bottom of the oven. But we had fun anyway! And you can read all about it in my recap post!
2012:WOW! How life had changed in one year. By October 28th of this year, I was engaged and just over a month away from GETTING MARRIED. What!?!?! This particular year, October 28th fell on a Sunday, and I shared the "weekly recap" post, which was the precursor to the Shafferland Shuffle. {Because Shafferland hadn't been created yet, obviously.} It had been a busy week {some things never change}, but I think my personal highlight was celebrating Ryan's 33.5 birthday. {We don't really celebrate half birthdays, but we hadn't been a couple ON his birthday, so I wanted to show up for the half birthday.}
2013: Almost a year married by this time, October 28th found me recapping my first ever 5K. Ryan and I ran a 10K when we were dating, but I hadn't done a 5K before. Ryan and I were invited by my friend Julie to run a 5K at a farm/corn maze, but Ryan had to work, so he couldn't go. Julie and I ran it, and it lives as my worst ever race {in terms of time} but quite a fun race in terms of scenery! {Happy race-aversary, Julie!} Also: we will not discuss my attire. AT ALL.
2014: I guess our fall of two years ago was kind of like our fall this year: with moments of unseasonable warmth. On this day, I paid tribute to the glorious Saturday Ryan and I spent at home together, packing up the remnants of summer and making way for fall and winter. Taking down our beloved pirogi, raking leaves, switching clothes in the cloests, and enjoying each others' company...what a beautiful day!!
2015: Ahhhhh, last year! We had just returned home from the Great Getaway of 2015, a monstrous road trip that resulted in 8 days gone, 7 states visited, and 2 countries accounted for! We had so much fun on that trip, and I was smack in the middle of reliving it with you! This particular day, I took you on a virtual tour of Williamsburg, Virginia. Mark and Lynnette, we miss you!!!
And now we're here! 2016...ten years after my silent start to blogging on October 28th, and I feel this day has represented the full spectrum of life in my/our world. Travels, parties, regular fun, hard questions, and things that would only happen to me.
It makes me smile. :)
6 hours ago

5 comments:
How fun to see all the memories! Why I love TimeHop so much!!
What a great trip down memory lane. Enjoy the warmth of the next few days :).
That picture makes me laugh every time I see it. Our throwback to the days of Olan Mills poses. Miss you too!
makes me smile too :)
XOXO
I love that you're still going strong!
Post a Comment