I've been staring at this screen for a while now, not even sure how to type this, because I'm afraid in some weird way, it will come across as boastful, which is not at ALL my intent.
But I think it's important, so I'm going to type it anyway and ask you to see it through eyes of grace, like you're always so good to do anyway.
I had a conversation with someone this week...and she told me that something she'd read in my story {assuming she meant here on the blog} gave her the courage to take a leap of faith in her own life.
This wave of joy washed over me, because I loved it that God had used something in me to bring courage to someone else's life. And then I felt an even bigger wave of flat out wonder wash over me.
This cannot possibly be real, right?
Almost ten years ago, I went to my ten year high school reunion {good NELLIE...how am I this old??}, and no one recognized me. They all thought I was someone's date. Pretty sure some of them didn't even remember I went to high school with them. Rebekah who?
So it's still strange to me when people remember my name...much less find anything inspiring rolling around in my life.
But I know it happens...and while it always baffles me, it always leaves me with a renewed sense of gratitude and a renewed sense of responsibility.
A renewed sense of gratitude because I appreciate the truth that God can use my crazy life...our crazy lives...to bring hope or encouragement to someone else. It brings such purpose to the seasons I've lived through {we've lived through} that have been difficult to endure. When the lessons learned in those places can push someone else toward a personal victory...that's God.
A renewed sense of responsibility because I appreciate the reminder that people I don't even know are observing my life {our lives} and I want to be faithful to live well so they can see God at work.
So....I say all of this not to say yay Shafferland!...but to say this is true for you, too. No matter how invisible you were...or fear you still are...people see you. They see you and they learn from your daily testimony. They watch you struggle and succeed...struggle and fail...struggle and try again...and then they learn and apply in their own lives what they've seen from you.
Isn't that a great gift? And a great responsibility? It's exciting to know that no matter who you are and how boring/insignificant/invisible your life may be, people see you. They do, and you matter to them. Whether they say it out loud or not, you do matter.
Because you just never know...
...but God does. And He's using you, my friend. Live well for Him.
7 hours ago
3 comments:
Amen Sister
Thanks, Odie!! :)
You ARE an encouragement Bekah and God has given you the gift of words to help encourage others and point them to Him. Thank you for being faithful to that, even when the way seems unclear.
Post a Comment