Friday, December 26, 2014

Our Little Christmas

Did you have a good Christmas yesterday? We had an interesting one...that's for sure! We went to my parents' house for lunch, and Ryan's parents and sister, Bre, joined us. My parents are both sick...and Dad is really sick. I'll show you more of that Christmas later, but let's just say there were many rounds of hand sanitizing and some immunity boosting supplements being ingested! The Christmas Petri Dish of 2014! After leaving my parents' house, we headed to Ryan's grandparents' house, for dinner and Christmas with the extended family.

But before we did all that...we had our own Christmas at home!

You might remember that on our anniversary trip earlier this month, we went to IKEA and found the couch of our dreams. We decided to take money we would have spent on Christmas gifts and put it instead toward the couch. {Please let the record show that I knew Ryan had already done some shopping for me, so I asked at IKEA if it was going to mess him up if we did that little switcharoo, and he said no.}

I still wanted to unwrap SOMETHING on Christmas, so we decided to exchange stockings instead.

We kept our tradition of sleeping by the tree on Christmas Eve, and then on Christmas morning, we had cinnamon rolls and coffee {obviously}.

SOMEONE pretended to be on her best behavior. Except, you know, she was not on her best behavior.
Check out this really cool straw I got! I drink Advocare Spark every morning, and the cup I use for it is extra tall, so I need an extra tall straw. AND this one keeps the drink cold while you drink! BONUS!
Sorry for my bedhead.

Had a little help....
New texting gloves, since my old one has a hole in the finger. Ryan claims it's from too much texting. Doubtful. HIGHLY doubtful.
Ryan got his turn too!
THAT is the face of someone very excited about his new e-cloths for washing his car. He does love a clean car!!

AND I got him his very own charger {like the kind for when you don't have a place to plug in a charger} that ISN'T purple! I have one of these, but it's purple, and I know he always feels kind of unmanly when he has to use it. HA!
See? Told you she wasn't behaving. Do you even KNOW how many bows we had to chase down and reapply this month?
Whilst I went into the other room to prepare Braeya's stocking, lo and behold, a gift appeared in our living room!

Like an ACTUAL gift! The kind we weren't buying so we could buy our couch!

And as always, there's a story behind it.

Ryan and I like to browse through TJ Maxx occasionally. One day, I found this ottoman that was PERFECT for our house. We owned two little square storage ottomans that I bought years ago during a back-to-school sale. There were three major issues with these ottomans. One: they matched nothing. Two: They were suede on the outside and black suede ottomans with a white and tan cat = one hairy disaster. Three: The lid to one of them cracked a while back, and constant sitting on it made it cave in completely.

So the one I found at the store was PERFECT. It did match our house. It was leather, so no cat hair issues. And it wasn't broken. And best of all, it had storage too...and the lids flip over to make trays, which is very handy when we try to eat dinner on the couch.

And the next time we went back, it was gone. I was sad. Exceedingly sad. This is why you should ALWAYS buy something at TJ Maxx when you find it because next time, it could be gone and they might never get another one.

So imagine my delight when:
It was in OUR LIVING ROOM!!!

Way back in September, when I worked the Beth Moore event, Ryan went back to TJ Maxx and bought it - and hid it in our attic. When we decided to skip presents in favor of a couch, he planned to return it, but alas, they have a 30 day return policy, so isn't THAT a shame...he was stuck with it!

And I'm so glad.

Even though this meant he was the better present giver this year. :)

It was a pretty great start to Christmas!

8 comments:

Tamar SB said...

Aside from the germs is sounds like a great day!! How sweet of Ryan to get the ottoman - now you just need the couch!!

Bekah said...

I know!! We can't wait for that! We sold our old furniture, but we're waiting for them to pick it up here in a couple weeks, and then we'll have room to actually get the couch. {We figured there was no point in rushing back to get it if we didn't have a place to put it right then.}

_emily_rose said...

Everything works out in the end:)

Merry Christmas & Happy New Year!!

Anonymous said...

aww merry christmas!!! you guys are so cute. I love the ottoman and couch gifts!

have fun this weekend and thank you for a sweet gift each day of this blog! hugs!!!

XOXO

Unknown said...

Love the ottoman! I'm going to have to keep my eye open for one of those! My husband was also the better gift-giver. I wasn't expecting anything since he is right in the middle of a murder trial (super time-consuming and stressful). Also, he loathes shopping more than anyone I know so that combined with no time, I knew I wasn't getting anything. In an effort to not have the kids wonder why I got him gifts and he didn't get me any, I bought myself some jammies, slippers, and DeBrand chocolates. I wrapped them and then instructed him to fill out the tags. Lame, huh!?!?! HA! But he completely surprised me with a new camera on Christmas Eve. LOVE him!!!!

Leslie said...

Enjoy that ottoman! We have one very similar from TJMaxx as well and we love it!!

Natasha said...

That looks like a great Christmas for you two. And I love the ottoman story. Dave was also the better gift giver this year :) Maybe it was a tradition and we wives will make up for it next year?!?!?

Bekah said...

Emily - It turned out well in this case!!

Polly - you are welcome! Thanks for hanging out here!!

Tia - WHOA!!!!! Your husband rocks!!! Have you started playing with it yet/

Leslie - WE CAN BE FURNITURE TWINS!

Natahsa - I think all of us are going to have to band together to get the better gifts.