Tuesday, January 24, 2012

New Adventures at Work!

Today begins a new adventure for me in the land of radio: the annual fundraiser begins today.

For years (crazy as it may sound) the sharathon (which we now call just plain SHARE) was one of my favorite things to listen to. All the programming was put aside for a couple of days, and some people might not know what to do with that, but I loved it. I loved hearing the staff talk on the air and the stories listeners called and wrote in to share with others. It was always a huge boost to my faith to hear what God was doing in the lives of others who listened to the same music and talk radio I heard every day.

I clearly remember last year's SHARE. I remember sitting at my desk, incredibly discouraged about the work I was doing, closing my door, and cranking up the speakers so I could hear the encouragement over the airwaves.

I remember sending in my pledge, which held significance for me as it gave God credit out loud for the work He'd done in my heart over the desert period.

Hard to believe this year, I'm on THIS side of the radio.
The building looks crazy different right now. The mailboxes have taken up residence in the office I share with Lynne. I call it "the way to get people to visit me regularly." I actually like the influx in office traffic.

Yesterday, Craig said he found communication central for us. A walkie talkie from the era of the ark. Yes, the antenna really is out the side of the picture.

Of course I said "You know, Craig, I HAVE to have my picture taken with that thing." So he patiently waited while I ran for the Bekahrazzi camera. I don't think he was expecting the monstrosity I returned with, but he graciously took my picture.


And so it begins! I have no idea what to expect - but I'm excited! Pray for us?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Praying!

Bekah said...

Thank you! :)