Thursday, January 26, 2012

My First Share: Day Two

Yesterday was the second day of our fundraiser...and it was even more fun than day one! (Note to self for next year: boots are cute but they HURT after 12 hours of running around!)

Check out one of our first shift volunteers!! Isn't he precious? His name is Silas. I tried to figure out how to sneak him home without his owner noticing. Didn't come up with a solution on that one.

Miss Sheryl and I were twins!

Lynne gave me the actual "thumbs up" in the studio...

Proof that I really was there. (In my borrowed earrings. I completely forgot my earrings and Cindy let me borrow her spare pair. Good grief.)

Speaking of Cindy...SOMEONE had a birthday yesterday. Like a BIG birthday. One that starts with a five. But we won't give ages. We will, however, talk about these cupcakes. Oh.My.Word.

See that chocolate one there on the edge? MINE. It was so good. Ganache over frosting. Oh wow.


And here's the birthday girl with her husband in the background. He made her gift. Poor Cindy....

These two share an office. Amy, on the left, is (as you know) one of my lunch buddies. Doris, on the right, is the Mid-Morning mail guru. She so very lovingly sends out ALL our giveaways for us. It's a huge job and I really appreciate her hard work!

The birthday girl and me. :)

Jeri and Amy - my buddies!!!

* I'm starting to get the hang of the flow of how things work in the phone room, so it's more fun now.


* I've never seen so much food IN MY LIFE. I actually had to pass on the frozen yogurt yesterday. Broke my heart. I love yogurt!!


* Loving the chance to meet people in person!


* Can't wait to see what Day 3 brings! (Hopefully NOT the ice....)

2 comments:

Delta R. Vines said...

I just love Silas. LOVE him!

Bekah said...

me toooooooo!!!!!