It is most unfortunate when I wake up on the grumpy side. (And honestly that very rarely happens anymore.) But Wednesday night I made the grave mistake of getting too much sleep. Pretty much five or less hours of sleep works...and anything between five and twelve makes me grumpy. And that night I got about eight. BAD IDEA.
So, this is me, somewhere around 8 a.m. (clutching coffee for dear life) with my best "tryin' to be happy" face. Meet more of my work friends! Jill is beside me and she's the one who worked the David Phelps concert with me! Then you remember Jeri from earlier this week...and Ken (who always pops in to see me and tries to scare me if he can...which usually works!) and Cindy, this week's birthday girl! Guess who came back to see us yesterday!! SILAS!!!
...the coolest dog IN the world. Hee hee hee.
You just never know who might drop by the station...so it's always good to have a good hair day.
Jim Barron is one of our morning guys, but he's also quite the illusionist. He promised to do some magic tricks for us, and wouldn't you know, he picked the Mid-Morning hour to do that. WHAT!?!!? So between reading pledges....we watched the show from our monitor.
Giving a tour to Mac Powell....he's kinda tall.
And then George came by....goodness, it was a busy day. BUSY!
During the afternoon, I worked the phone room, and looked up to see this in the studio. I asked if it was the Holy Spirit's hour to anchor the show....
One of our phone volunteers brought these darling things. BUCKEYES!!!!
This is Craig. I wish you could all know Craig. He is one of the funniest guys I've ever met, and he can not only give me a run for my money in creative writing....he just flat out does it 100,000 times better than I do. He and I share a deep love of coffee and the smell of Sharpies.
There is no shortage of food during this fundraiser. (Read: I've gained 201 pounds. Roughly.) Cindy's husband brought some caramel corn. (Oh.My.Word.)
I promise, we really did work (and hard, too, I might add!) but during a break...Jim came back to do magic tricks, round two. I was his lovely assistant. Up first: a card trick. (This is my nervous look.)
Oops - this got out of order and I'm too lazy to change it. The second trick was this little loopy ring thing. I was TERRIBLE at it. Jim - amazing.
Okay back to the card trick. Jeri (holder of the camera) was supposed to "read my mind" to guess what card I'd picked. Please note the ginormous hint Jim's sending her way. Jeri just snapped the pictures and stared hard at my eyes and guessed....WRONG...TWICE!! LOL! It was the best trick ever.
This is me, checking the deck to see if my card is still in there...since Jeri didn't quite get it. LOL!
And...to round out the day...check this out! Lynne and I did the daily recap video. I think you'll agree that our acting skills are...well...LYNNE'S a good actress....
4 comments:
I wish Brad and George would stop by my office.
Love the video...
I liked the video so much, I "shared" it from you on FB! :-D
Kristin - it would definitely brighten a day in FA!!! Even with the lettuce smile!
Ruth and Delta - THANKS!!! Prolly shouldn't give up my day job, huh?
Post a Comment