* Monday...well...what can you say? Stressed?
Okay I'm KIDDING! That's just me posing with all of Ross's birthday treats. I was so glad he had a birthday. :) My treat Monday evening was a haircut and color. Only about 6 weeks overdue. Goodness gracious. I'm lucky one of those have-pity-on-her makeover shows didn't pick me up! (And a side note...Monday was when I posted about sending cards, and guess what? I got one in the mail that day! Loved that timing!)* Tuesday we had spring, fall, and winter weather all in one day! Good grief, Indiana! When I left for work, it was 53 degrees, and I came home in snow. And we had a thunderstorm! It really is true in this state...if you don't like the weather, wait five minutes and it will change. Oh - and look who took on the role of Dryer Inspector #1 during laundry that night?
* Wednesday I had another work related pinch me...is this really my life? moment when Lynne and I interviewed Angie Smith for an hour. I was crazy nervous but she was so much fun to talk to. My favorite part was when all three of us were giggling like third graders about life a-la-Anne-of-Green-Gables. We talked to her about her book What Women Fear, and it was powerful for me (chronic scaredy cat). Wednesday evening...I finally put all this away:
* Thursday I had the nicest little commute to work and literally the minute I got there, black ice hit and there were slide-offs all over the road I'd just been on. Because I'd not anticipated this...I did not have a suitcase packed in the car, so I had no choice but to drive home in it. It took me an hour and a half and one stretch of ten or so miles was solid ice, but I made it!* Friday afternoon we had some visitors at the station! My friend Ben and his parents came by to re-meet Miss Lynne many years after meeting her for the first time. There's a very fascinating story behind this entire thing but I didn't ask if it was okay to post it, so I won't. But here's the official photo:
* Saturday was supposed to be a very productive day but once I made it home, I mostly laid on the floor in front of the fireplace exercising that whole "pray without ceasing" thing. I was very grateful that God prompted some good friends to call and pray with me. A sweet day, even if it wasn't what I planned.
One Thousand Gifts: I think my favorite gift this week was the night I drove home from work and God urged me to turn off my David Phelps duet and pray...specifically to praise Him. I was not feeling particularly thankful but I tried and before long I found myself in a sincere attitude of praise...a gift!
Organization Confessions: I caught up from the days I missed last week, but I got behind on this week's organizing. I will say, though, that when I put away all the Christmas things,I got rid of quite a few things I've not used. That's good!
Pinterest Inspiration: This week's Pinterest Inspiration came from this pin - a new way to tie a scarf. I tied as instructed, though you can't really tell in my picture, because my scarf has kind of a "busy" pattern to it. I did, though, add the clip and loved the way it dressed it up!
4 comments:
If you ever need to make another red velvet cake, I have a recipe that makes people resort to violence over. It is that good.
oooh I am all about food that leads to violence. (Wait - did I say that out loud??)
Oohhh, I love how the scarf turned out. Very chic! And I agree about the weather. Storms again last night and now snow flurries? Craziness, isn't it? (But I'm not complaining since it's above 0 degrees.) :)
I (blissfully) slept through the storms last night. Grateful for that!! This has been one all-over-the-board January for weather, FOR SURE!!!!
Post a Comment