Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Dunes and Lighthouses

I've done a couple posts before about vacationlets I hope to someday take...one to Mackinac Island and one to Chicago.

Perhaps it was the springlike weather we had yesterday morning (hello 53 degrees in January!!) or perhaps it is that last year at this time I was planning an escape to Florida...but I have the itch to take a trip! And since that isn't on the horizon...I can dream, right?

So here's one of my little destination dreams. Kind of silly, maybe, but true.

I've never seen a lighthouse in real life.

You think I want to take a trip to a lighthouse because I want to have a ridiculous photo shoot, don't you?


Guilty as charged!


But it's not just that. I think they're beautiful - and I can only imagine the view from inside one. Oh yes. I think that should happen this year.


And...while I'm at it...never been to any sand dunes either. And though I have no good reason (other than photo shoots, which are a given) for wanting to go...I just want to.

So let's bring on the pretty days so I can road-trip my way to a couple of fulfilled dreamlets!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Two words - Cape Hatteras. Spent a week there 40 years ago and have dreamed of it since. This was my first lighthouse.....climbed to the top.....200 steps, I think. Hope to climb it again someday with my kids and my future grand kids. The first is due in June! God bless

Bekah said...

Ahhhhhh I think I would love that. Never been out that way and think it's absolutely beautiful country. Maybe I need to concoct a specific lists of lighthouses to visit...and I'll put that one on the list! Thanks for the recommendation! (The wheels are turning...)

Unknown said...

You could combine lighthouse and Florida and go to St Augustine. The view from the top is beautiful. Well, at least that's what the pictures Bill took show. I climbed to the top but couldn't bring my self to go out on the observation deck.

Sarah Forgrave said...

Oh the Michigan coastline is one of my FAVORITE places in the world! We used to have family who lived up near Mackinac, but they've all moved away. *sad sniff*

Bekah said...

Kristin - My blood gets a little cold in situations like that but I would want to look. (Read: take pictures.) And you don't have to twist my arm to get back to Florida. :)

Sarah - I'm thinking Michigan is going to be my starting point for the lighthouse adventure. I've read there are a few up that way!