Among the recipes was this one from The Pampered Chef. I made it for Lynette's carry-in birthday party at work, and it was GONE in no time. I made it again for the Valentine's Day Celebration of God's Love, and those girls liked it too! So I've declared it a keeper. This is great for carry-in parties (as long as they're not outside in the middle of summer) and will hopefully make an equally yummy birthday party treat.
The Recipe
1 cup graham cracker crumbs (about 7 crackers)
1/4 cup powdered sugar
6 Tablespoons butter, melted
4 chocolate bars
12 regular size marshmallows
Combine cracker crumbs, powdered sugar, and butter in a bowl and mix well. Scoop about a tablespoon of the mixture into 24 cups of a mini muffin tin. Press crumbs into a tart shape with a tart shaper or spoon. Bake at 350 for 4-5 minutes or until edges are bubbly. Break 2 of the candy bars into 24 rectangles and cut the 12 marshmallows in half. Place one chocolate rectangle in each cup and cover with marshmallow half. Return to the oven for 2 minutes or until marshmallows are slightly softened. Cool for 15 minutes. Break remaining 2 chocolate bars into rectangles and melt in microwave. Dip the top of each marshmallow in melted chocolate. Turn cups right side up and allow to cool and chocolate to harden.
I prefer to use pre-made graham cracker crumbs rather than crumbling my own. Call me lazy. I use regular marshmallows, but it could be a fun twist to use the vanilla ones or another flavor.
Don't tell Mrs. Lee, but I measure the graham cracker crumbs in a cup in the mixing bowl. That way if some spill over...there's no mess to clean up.
I cut the butter into littler pieces before I melt it, so it will melt faster.
I mix the butter, powdered sugar, and cracker crumbs together...
...and this is what it looks like after it's mixed up.
I spoon the crumbs into the mini muffin pan.
And I press them down with this tart shaper but if you don't have one, you could probably just shape carefully with a spoon for the same effect. This shaper presses a crust into the bottom and still leaves crust on the side.
This is what they will look like after the crusts are formed.
While those bake, I break up the chocolate bar and cut the marshmallows with a knife. (You could also use kitchen shears to cut them.)
The crusts won't look terribly different after you bake them.
Place the chocolate squares in the cups. The edges will begin to melt right away.
No comments:
Post a Comment