We bid
farewell to July this week and welcomed August. August (at least in our world)
signifies the return to routine, and we look forward to that. Even though we
don’t have children to return to school, all the routines of our circles settle
back in this month. We also have some fun plans this month, so we look forward
to those. But amid all our reflecting and expectations, here are some of our
memories from this past week!
Last Sunday,
Ryan sang a solo at church for our special music. I was admittedly nervous for
him, because I hadn’t heard him practice it, and I knew it was a new song for
him, but he did an amazing job! To be clear, I knew he HAD practiced and
practiced hard! I just didn’t know how confident he truly felt about the song.
But I was so proud of him, and I was excited to hear people say such kind
things to him.
Monday I
traveled to Marion for a funeral visitation for one of our church members’
dads, and then I came home to work for the rest of the day. We had some pretty
strong storms pass through (though nothing like Marion had!) but once they
cleared, the sunset was GORGEOUS. Ryan and I were able to squeeze in a walk
before it got dark, and I grabbed this sweet picture of him and Lexi when we
came back home. I love this picture so much, I might print and frame it.
Tuesday
night was such a fun night and I’m going to tell you more about it this week. I
spoke at an event at the Steele Farms Flower Patch, and I had the best time. I
loved what God pressed on my heart to share – and I loved just being with
friends, picking flowers, and enjoying the stunning evening.
Wednesday
was a little less exciting than Tuesday. 😊 Ever have one of those days where
you just feel like you’re moving in slow motion, and you can’t gain traction?
Welcome to my Wednesday. But the best part was in the evening when Ryan and I
had some really great talks and we were finally able to sit down on the couch,
rest, and enjoy our flowers and faux island scenery. Simple rest for the win.
We had a
little more of our garden produce ripen this week! A cucumber, some zucchini,
and a few more green beans! We are enjoying the fruit of our own labor – and
the gifts from friends and neighbors whose plants seem to be a little farther
along!
This was
kind of how I felt about the month of July…but also how I felt about homework,
come Friday afternoon. 😊 I was excited to work from home and
eventually abandoned homework in favor of some actual work.
We started
August by hosting our small group for dinner. It rained most of yesterday, and I
maintain that even a gross and rainy day is beautiful when spent at the lake. We
put the leaves in the table, brought out the small group dishes, and enjoyed
some fabulous conversation!
And before I
sign off today – happy 164th monthiversary, Ryan! I love you!

No comments:
Post a Comment