Sunday, August 14, 2016

The {Worn Out} Shafferland Shuffle

This week has utterly exhausted me. I finally reached the point where my body said "Hey Bekah!! REST!!!!!!!!" So I am trying, but here's a peek at what brought me/us to that point!

* Last Sunday, we were still out in Kansas, just one day removed from the big wedding! We went to church with my family, had brunch with them and then helped tear down the reception hall. Everyone congregated at my sister's house for the rest of the day, where we ate wedding leftovers, watched Olympic coverage, and Ryan and I took the dog for a walk.
* By Monday, we were the only wedding guests still in town, so we had fun being tourists with Lori and Jeff! Ryan had never been out to visit prior to this trip, so we did all the stuff...toured the Big Well, went to the soda fountain...well, that's really about it. We spent the rest of the day hanging out with Lori and Jeff, eating wedding leftovers and watching Olympic coverage. And saying goodbye. Goodbyes stink.
* Tuesday was our travel marathon, where we left Kansas and drove home with only about two potty breaks in 13.5 hours. We literally could not feel anything below the waist when we got home. Feet and legs were 100% numb. And Braeya was 100% mad. LOL! We actually stayed up late that night to completely unpack because we were so desperate to move around for a while.
* Wednesday, one of my friends was in town from Colorado and came over to see our new house. It was fun to see her for a while, and then I had to travel over to church to begin my end-of-week volunteering duties. Our church hosted a simulcast of the Global Leadership Summit, and my job was to head up the resource center {aka onsite bookstore} for the event. I had to go do inventory and setup and be all ready for the two day event...and I got a free t-shirt, which Braeya promptly made into her bed. Of course.

* Thursday was day one of the Leadership Summit, and my friend Nancy and I spent from 7:30 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. running the resource center. We had a great time getting to know each other better and serving those in attendance. Ryan was NOT used to me being gone like that, and when I got home about 7:00 that night, he was on the couch missing me. Ahhhh, absence really DOES make the heart grow fonder!!

* Friday was day two of the Summit, and one of my mom's friends had dropped off DELICIOUS homemade cinnamon rolls for all the volunteers. It seemed rude not to have one... :) We worked hard all day, Nancy and I, and I also got to see my friend Stephanie, who I never get to see now that I've moved. Ryan and his mom came over after he got off work and helped us tear down at the end and they took me out for dinner. Good thing, cause I was too pooped to cook.
* Speaking of too pooped, yesterday I felt so sick all day. It was just too much of a week, so I crashed on the couch the ENTIRE DAY {Ryan worked} until evening, when I met up with some of my friends for game night. Our 20th high school reunion is this year, but none of my game night friends are going, so we made our own mini-reunion together. No way was I missing that, even if I was pooped!




3 comments:

Tamar SB said...

You guys have been go-go-go all summer!!
How great you had a few extra days in Kansas - and man that is a driving MARATHON!!!

Odie Boggs said...

That's a long trip from Indiana to Kansas. We lived in Wichita for 4 years. I am well familiar with the road between Kansas and Ohio.
I hope you are feeling better!

Maria Rineer said...

Our church hosted the Global Leadership Summitt, too (via broadcasting it- it wasn't actually held at our church). We did a two stop/ 12 hour drive this summer. Your two stop/ 13.5 hour drive is very impressive :).