Tuesday, August 02, 2016

A Day on the Water

Double the lake love today: we've got podcast AND blog stories about our fun this weekend! Check it out!

Last Friday was such a treat. To have Ryan with me all day and to be on the water {which was NOT as stormy as they predicted} was a joy!

We got up early and went down by the water to drink our coffee and just enjoy the view.
So beautiful and so peaceful and quiet beside the water. {And there was KIND of a sunrise, so that was a bonus!}

Ryan's brother and a couple of the kids came out for a morning boat ride, and we tagged along. It was a great ride - no choppy waters then! Donuts and coffee on the boat cannot be a bad way to start the day.


And then we just enjoyed the day. Long walks, some naps, reading, playing, enjoying the goodness of the day.


 Even though it was mostly cloudy all day, Ryan took me on a boat ride, and we went on a walk that landed us at the coffee house. {Imagine that!!}


It did get nice enough that afternoon to go tubing. {And by that, I mean Ryan went out in the tube and I stayed in the boat to take pictures.}

{This is Jenna giving the thumbs down for her dad to slow the boat down, and Ryan giving the thumbs up for him to speed up.}
It got a little rainy later that afternoon, so Ryan and I went shopping for a gift for my friend Natasha, because I was planning to meet up with her the next day!
By that evening, Ryan's entire family was there. That is a lot of family! Lots of cousins and their friends everywhere!


The evening ended with some edgy nerves...we started seeing emergency vehicle lights everywhere and learned they were investigating a possible drowning on the lake. After several hours, they called off the search, because the investigation began with a report of someone seeing a person in distress in the water, but they had been unable to locate anyone, and no one had been reported missing. I never heard that anything ever became of it, but it's still a little unnerving to watch!
A long day, and a busy day, but definitely a great day! {Even more so after we concluded everyone was safe!}




5 comments:

Tamar SB said...

What a fun time! Hope whatever the search was for turned out ok!!

Tina said...

Hey Bekah - I missed your 10th Blog Birthday/Versary but I wanted to wish a Happy one! And even though I missed the actual day, I hope you don't mind me posting a few of the things I really appreciate about your blog-world a few days late. (if you do - I'm sorry! Please forgive!)

I really appreciate that you post daily! It really gives me something routine that I look forward to checking in on. As silly as it sounds - I do enjoy knowing that you'll have something for me to read. I know it must take you a lot of effort to be sure a post is up daily - so I wanted you to know I appreciate it!

I appreciate that you share things that are still in process! As much as I know that God does give us insight as we get through some things and we can look back and see lessons that we could not necessarily see while we were going through them - we all do indeed have to go through and I cannot tell you how encouraging it has been for me at various times to read the real-ness of your going through. To know here is a woman of faith who trusts God, but doesn't leap with excitement at the idea of going to the dentist, or whatever.

I appreciate that you acknowledge those who sow into your life! Be it family or friends or people who had pivotal roles along the way. I think this has helped me to see that small things I do in life may make a difference even if I'm not able to directly observe the fruit myself. It's easy to discount our value, but God has recently been challenging me that every 'yes' I say to Him matters. You remind me of this routinely when you acknowledge the gifts others give you and when you walk out the gifts you have to give others.

I appreciate that you allow yourself to be yourself. I've seen you grow over the years of reading your blog, but you are not morphing into some 'package' if that make sense and I so appreciate that!

Wow I feel I could go on and on but I think I'll stop now as I've already written on the wrong day, but please know that your blog is appreciated and the seeds you sow encourage and minister!

Bekah said...

Tamar - I assume it did since we never heard any more!

Tina - Well thank YOU for making my day! This was such a sweet surprise to find, and I appreciate your encouragement so much. God is teaching me SO MANY THINGS right now, and I just really appreciate your words of encouragement! Thanks for seeing something worth reading in this place and for coming back day after day!

sarah said...

Fun! We were at Lake Webster last week too with my hubby's family:) And we sure were wondering what the blue lights were all about! Sounds like it was a good outcome.

Natasha said...

I'm just now listening to this podcast and this is bringing back such great memories :) I'm so glad we got to experience the coffee shop with you. Thanks for explaining the blog relationship perfectly.

We've been blog friends since January 2013, fyi. At least, that's when I started reading yours -- right after you and Ryan got married. I think it's hilarious that your father-in-law thought we'd known each other for so long. And it totally felt like we had. It was such a blessing to meet you guys too! Rachel still talks about being at the lake with you. And I still want to buy that house with you guys!!!

And I TOTALLY want to come back to the lake with you!

The other day I totally sat down and looked at all our photo books and photo albums. I love being able to document things. And our kids love looking at photo albums. I do the same thing with my blog -- it provides such great memories.

There was a reason Dave told me I could take a picture of him in the ambulance when he got badly hurt. There was also a reason I declined but I really appreciated that he thought I might want to document it!

I agree that The Armpit Lickers should totally play the kazoo! Hahahahahahaha!!! And I'm curious to hear the transition from armpits and kazoos to the spiritual...

I think God shows up so much in buying a house. That's what I found anyways. And you are so right that you need to really commit to get anything out of reading the Bible and spending time with God.