Tuesday, November 18, 2014

Time Marches On

Two years ago at this time, Ryan and I were in the very last minute throes of wedding planning. I look back at that season and am so grateful it's in the past...because it was certainly overwhelming {in a blissful sort of way} and also...well...I just enjoy being married and having Ryan here with me.

But anyway, this is a glimpse at our life two years ago:

Creating our little honorary bridesmaid and groomsman...
 Writing, formatting, and assembling our 16 page wedding program {with little help from a certain someone}...
 Putting together our little tealight favors for the ceremony...
 Making boutonnieres for the guys...
 ...and lanterns for the girls.
 Packing to transport a wedding to Florida.
You think, when you're going through a blissfully busy season like this one that the next year will be easier.

And then November rolls around again and brings with it...a tornado. And so the mess looks a little different. It looks like a little storm shelter made in a closet...
 And if it were video, you could hear me screaming while Ryan watches through a crack in the door out the window.
 And after it missed our house, we went out to survey the damage around town. A few trees in the road...
 A bunch of signs down...
 And of course, the walls that caved in on the Dollar General Distribution Center...
And now we're to THIS November, where winter has started earlier than I wanted it to...but at least it's normal November behavior, right??

I'm starting to think we had the right idea two years ago...GOING TO WARMER CLIMATES.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

And I still have my little candle as a reminder to hold you and Ryan before the Lord in prayer!! Have to admit to not missing the fun in the tornedo...Love to you both, Lois

Natasha said...

I would say our current weather is not normal November weather AT ALL. And I get to go to a warmer climate in 86 days (Mexico) and I CAN'T WAIT!!!

Also, now I want to go back and re-read all your "getting ready to get married" posts. I remember reading them all in January 2013 and I just loved them so much.

Bekah said...

Lois - Can I just say again how glad I am that you were there!! We love and miss you!!

Natasha - Do you have a paper chain countdown? You should!!!

I reread the posts the other day...it was such a fun trip down memory lane!