It was bound to happen one day. The day when I said something so ridiculously WRONG on the air that I wanted to cut out my own tongue and never talk again.
Enter yesterday.
Lynne and I enjoy bantering back and forth on the air, and in recent weeks, I've helped here and there with some interviews. I did my first "solo" interview a few weeks ago when I chatted with Tresha from the Cherished Moments Craft Hideaway. It was the perfect starter interview for me, because I already knew Tresha and was familiar with the Hideaway. Then, earlier this month, Lynne trusted me with another segment and I spent about 10 minutes talking with the Mamarazzi - Stacy Wasmuth - about photography. Didn't know Stacy before, but my position as the Bekahrazzi made that kind of a natural fit.
So yesterday Lynne asked me if I'd like to interview Laura, the owner of a truly darling Etsy Shop called Dishfunctional Designs. (Just for fun - try saying that three times fast!) Laura had the brilliant idea of creating necklaces and bracelets out of broken pieces of china. What a cool idea for someone who might have chipped heirloom pieces that aren't usable for table service but would make amazing gifts!
As I introduced Laura yesterday (and she was right there on the phone listening to the whole thing), I MEANT to say, "For most, a broken piece of china would be an annoyance to be thrown in the trash. But not for Laura. She takes the broken china and turns it into beautiful pieces of jewelry."
What I ACTUALLY said was "For most, a broken piece of china would be an annoyance. But not for Laura. She turns it into TRASH."
Oh. My. Word. Did I just say that out loud?
Indeed I did. And not only did I say it out loud, I said it with complete certainty.
To my credit, I realized my mistake immediately and recovered it as best I could.
But oh the laughs I brought upon myself...all day long...from my loving co-workers. And so begins my blooper reel.
(Can I just say right here in print that her designs are NOT trash? They are gorgeous and you should go to her shop right now and see for yourself.)
And can I also say that even the pros mess up...
3 comments:
I love that you are human like the rest of us. This may cause you to laugh...or feel better.
When in church one Sunday, a young minister, asked us to bow our heads for prayer. He began his prayer with a verse from the Psalms, "Let everything that has breath praise the Lord!" But instead, it came out, "Let Everything that has BREASTS praise the Lord" Bless his heart ( on the floor laughing!)
Stopping by from Kristen's blog! Have a great Day!
This is beyond awesome.
And it makes me love you all the more!
Have a wonderful day, Bekah.
Oh thank you for this smile today! Blessings to you.
Happy to connect through Kristen.
Post a Comment