Tuesday, March 09, 2010

His Good Pleasure

Today in our staff devotions, I read from Streams in the Desert, which is my main devo book this year. I picked the reading from February 12th, because I remembered when I read it on that day...it meant so much to me.

The devo talks about a class of deaf children presented with the question of why God made them deaf and others able to hear. One of the children answered by quoting Matthew 11:26 - "Yes Father, for this was your good pleasure."

If you've lurked here for quite a while, you know that every now and then I talk about how being such a late in life surprise to my parents has been a heart battle for me at times. For years, I wondered why God did that. Why He interrupted a complete family.

And He has been so gracious to teach me...little by little. I'm sure I don't know all the answers yet, but I have come to find a peace in knowing it was for His good pleasure.

No comments: