** UPDATE on the Habitat. **
I'm POOPED. Apparently this whole manual labor thing was much more...laborious...than I anticipated or remembered from previous years. But I now have clean gutters (FYI, rotten helicopter seed thingies smell like a pig farm when clogged up in a gutter for who knows how long) and minimal weeds and clean siding and a cooler kitchen!
My favorite part of today was when Dad was trying to get the weed eater string spool pulled off the bottom of the weed eater to adjust it. He tugged and yanked and pulled and nothing worked. I (being a girl) said, "Why don't I go get the directions?" I found them (along with the directions to a number of things I no longer own....time to clean out!) and returned to where he continued to fuss with the weed eater. I read the directions aloud and he seemed unimpressed. Finally I said, "Why don't you let me work on this and you can go do something more important?" He said, "Well, more power to ya," and walked away. He'd taken about two steps when the part popped right off in my hand. He turned around and said, "How'd you do that?" I said, "Um....I followed the directions?" Fortunately my Dad is extremely good-natured.
Oh...and as for the hair and makeup...those were gone in the first ten minutes when I was hit with flying rotten helicopter wads.
Happy Fourth!
I can't believe I have a day off work and I'm awake and somewhat on the road to being ready to go at 9 in the morning. There is something DREADFULLY wrong with that.
But my parents will be here soon to help with the annual "Habitat for Bekah" project. There are those little chores (mostly outside ones) that I can't do all by myself or I don't have the tools to do. So every year they come over one time and help me whittle down the list of out of control stuff. And today is our day.
So right after I straighten the hair and put on the makeup (you never know...someone could stop by and a girl has to look presentable!) I will head out to the world of weeds and window washing and shopping for a new mower.
I better have some coffee first.
4 hours ago
3 comments:
Oh, Bekah! Good luck on the list of things to do!
Bekah,
For the weed-eater, you might want to try the gizmo that replaces the string part. It's called Littl' Juey, and the string is some long, stiff strands you push through a hole that lasts longer than standard string that gets itself stuck so it won't feed anymore. I would have bought it if I hadn't broken my weed-eater trying to feed some more string.
Sarah - Thanks!! I'll have to tell you the lawnmower story. You'll laugh at me.
Skyepuppy - This is VERY good to know because weed-eaters and I are not natural friends. I need all the help I can get!!
Post a Comment