I decided that this year I would try to do something special every day in December to celebrate Christmas, because it's my favorite season.
Today ended up being rather frigid, but it didn't stop me from having some Christmas fun!
This evening my friend Robyn (from work), her daughter, and I went on a Christmas tour of homes. I haven't been on a home tour for probably ten years, so I was excited to go. I told Mom before I went that this was like HGTV in person.
We toured four homes and I came up with all sorts of great ideas to implement...after this year. The homeowners spent more hours than I could ever hope to know in preparing some beautiful Christmas displays! And Sarah, I found some that had (if you can believe it) even more trees than I do! But the decoration went beyond the trees. I made mental notes of coffee table displays, dining table centerpieces, mantle decor (if I ever have a fireplace) and even themes for bathrooms. (And I coveted a garden tub or two along the way, I have to admit.)
At the end of the tour, we went to the church's bake sale and I found a couple little treats to bring home. That almost led to catastrophe. They packed my purchases in a paper bag similar to what you would receive at Bath and Body Works. I put it on the couch, and while I ate my dinner, I noticed Braeya was nosing around in the bag to see what it might have for her. (As if I share cookies...HA!) She stuck her head through the handle to peer inside, and then the handle got stuck around her neck. It wasn't choking her, but it did FREAK her out. She went rip tearing through the house, screaming, and there was no way I could catch her. I knew even if I did catch her, she'd bite me because she was so scared. So while I half laughed at the sight and half pondered how to fix this mess, she headed straight for "the tree." The eight foot tree. I had visions of it toppling to the floor, glass ornaments shattering....but fortunately the bag caught on a branch and tore enough to free her.
This would be why I can't HOST a home on a tour. :)
14 hours ago
3 comments:
Way back when, when we had cats, one of them freaked just like Braeya did when a kid dropped a gummi worm on Wickersham's side. We couldn't catch him to take the worm off him. It was so sad. And funny.
I love Christmas too!!
will you be including 2 Teddy Bears?
touring homes?? WHAAA
Skyepuppy - It makes me feel better to know I'm not the only one who laughs at misery. :) But yes - sad too!
Phats - Let me think....NO!!! No two teddy bears.
What about the tour?
Post a Comment