Wednesday, July 27, 2016

A Little Saturday Fun

We had an extra special treat on Saturday when Ryan got out of work early! YAY!!!!! Extra time together.

It is about a hundred million degrees here in central Indiana right now, so I really had little desire to leave the comfort of my air conditioning, but Ryan enjoyed doing his outside chores throughout the day. I'm not sure if he's brave or crazy, but either way, he had fun marking things off his to-do list. {And I have great appreciation for how wonderful that feels!}

We ventured forth in the afternoon to run some errands and given the heat index, it seemed ONLY right to stop for a frappe. We've been working to find a coffee shop in town that can be "our" official coffee shop, so that's where we went for our little outing. I've set up writing camp there a few times and just love it.

Saturday night, we had plans to visit Kokomo Beach again, because Ryan's company had rented the place out after it closed for the day, and employees and their families could go from 7-10 p.m. for free. It was still so hot at 7 that you couldn't catch your breath when you stepped outside, and Ryan was smack in the middle of yardwork, so we decided we would just skip it.

But then his co-worker texted to say it wasn't very busy and there weren't any lines...and Ryan finished his yardwork...so a little before 9, we hopped into our swimsuits and drove over to get in on the last hour of the fun.

This was the last time my hair looked good for the night.
We did the lazy river first and I sort of accidentally got under the waterfall part, and that was the end of my hair.

We met up with one of Ryan's co-workers and her kids, and they LOVE Ryan. They would love me more, I'm sure, if I were more fun. I am SO NOT FUN at a water park. I'm actually not fun at ANY park. I don't like rides, I don't like slides, I don't like getting water in my nose, and that's pretty much the whole of a park!! So the kids were tugging on my hands, trying to get me to race them on the slides, and I kept deferring to Ryan. I took pictures, which made me perfectly happy, but I think they think I'm perfectly weird. And they're right.

{To be fair, those kids are four of the best kids I've ever met. They are funny, polite, respectful, kind to the crazy lady who only does lazy rivers, and I really enjoy spending time with them.}

So here is some of that fun...the fun I had capturing slide races and cannonballs.







Ryan did get proof that I was there...
And we got a group shot with all of us. {Forgot the selfie stick at home.}
Ahhhh what a fun time with these friends. I'm enjoying getting to know his work friends' families!

{The final slide race of the night. They called it in Ryan's favor.}



2 comments:

Tamar SB said...

I haven't been to a waterpark in ages!!! What a fun way to beat the heat.

Bekah said...

Do you have them around your part of the city?