Sunday, March 06, 2016

The Shafferland Shuffle

* I already mentioned it somewhat, but last Sunday we took a true day of rest at home - especially to try to allow Ryan to get better from this sinus infection that we discovered he's been fighting for a full three months. He's just worn out and needed a day on Mo. I scrapbooked, he rested, we watched our church service online, and that night, we recorded our podcast, with the help of a furry friend we know.
* Monday, Ryan must still not have been done resting because he ended up taking a nap before he ever went to work! {Been there, done that!!!} That night we went out on an impromptu coffee/house dreaming date, where Ryan decided to try out tubs in Lowe's. Crack. Me. Up.
* March came in on Tuesday with the most GORGEOUS sunrise! I loved it!! But it was short-lived, as the rest of the day was rainy and cold, and even a little big snowy! I had the opportunity, that afternoon, to help a friend's mom paint a wall in her living room. She's trying to list her house and had run out of time to get the painting done, so I donned my paint clothes and dug in; thoroughly enjoyed that!
* We celebrated 39 months of marriage on Wednesday, and Ryan brought me a GORGEOUS bouquet of flowers as part of that celebration. We also went out for a coffee date that night - at a little coffee shop in town that we had a gift card to - and they do fancy pants latte art! Sweet! This was also the day I  noticed the first signs of spring in our yard. YAY!!!!!!!!!
* Thursday....oh Thursday. It was the day I'd been kind of dreading for a while. For months now, Ryan has been preparing to work on staff at a retreat, and this was the weekend. Thursday was when we had to say goodbye, and it was BRUTAL. He had the whole day off work, and after we got all his stuff settled into his room, we got to spend part of the day together, just relaxing at a coffee shop and looking at the lake. And then, well, I guess the best way to say it is that I cried until I almost gave myself a migraine level headache. Such. A. Sap.
* I'd made plans to keep myself VERY busy on Friday, which included a little day trip to see friends, lunch, coffee, dinner, much laughter, much talking, much joy to my heart. Though I still missed Ryan TERRIBLY, I was glad I'd made myself so busy so I didn't sit around and wallow. And I was grateful for a good weather day to do my traveling. Before the day was out, I did get about a two minute phone call from Ryan, and it was so good to hear his voice!!
* Yesterday was my last day without Ryan, and it was a busy - and full - day! Lots of chores, including baking 7 dozen chocolate chip cookies to deliver to his retreat for him to share with the men. He sent me a couple of pictures throughout the day, which along with the notes he hid for me at home, got me through the day. Last night I got all dressed up and went to help with one of the retreat events, which meant I could see him - kind of - from a distance, so I wanted to look cute! Excited for how great his weekend has been and excited to have him BACK HOME.








4 comments:

Tamar SB said...

That sunrise - wow!!!
Bet the men all enjoyed the cookies and I hope you're enjoying having him home!

Maria Rineer said...

I noticed little signs of spring in our yard, too, this week. Seven dozen cookies. Wow! I would have to make three batches of cookies dough to get that many cookies.

Bekah said...

Tamar - I love a good sunrise and a good sunset! {And truthfully I prefer it when the sun hangs out all the time in between!

Maria - My chocolate chip recipe makes a BUNCH. And I only ate one! I was pretty proud of myself for that.

Natasha said...

I love your flowers. I'm sorry Ryan had been fighting an infection for three months -- yikes. And that sunrise is gorgeous. Way to keep yourself busy when Ryan is gone. I hate when Dave has to be out of town. It's so much easier when I'm the one gone.