Monday, August 21, 2017

Class Reunion, Part One

This weekend was Ryan's 20th high school class reunion (or 40th...he got confused on last week's podcast). Seems I remember him picking on me for a similar milestone last year, but I will refrain from doing the same to him this year. :)

His reunion was actually a two-day event, and originally, he only planned to go to the second night. (Let me back up. Originally he didn't plan to go at all, but I tried to convince him it would be really fun to see friends he never gets to see.)

Once we knew Miss Phoebe would have care-givers for the weekend, we were free to go to both nights, and we did. And I think he really was glad he went!

Ryan was as outgoing and welcoming in high school as he is now, so it's no surprise he had a lot of friends and still has them, even if we don't get to see most of them very often.

One of his friends, Jerry, lives in Texas, and those two hadn't seen each other for quite a few years. In fact, we had never even met Jerry's wife, except through the wonder of Facebook. Jerry asked if we wanted to meet up with the two of them for dinner before Friday night's festivities, and of course we said yes!

(There are no photos of this dinner because it was my first time to see Jerry in 21 years and my first time ever to meet his wife, and I was trying to unleash the Bekahrazzi slowly. Let's not overwhelm the nice people!)

Friday night's fun? Attending a football game at our high school. This marked my first ever football game at my own school. What!?!?!?!
 It was absolutely PERFECT football weather. Seriously could not have chosen a better night. And while there weren't a ton of his classmates at the game, those of us who were there had fun together! (Yes, I do remember I was not part of this class, but I knew all the people who were there, so it felt like I was part of it.)
I did muster up enough courage to ask Jerry and Kendall for a group selfie:
At halftime, I walked to our car to get more bug spray, because the night before that, I got a mosquito bite ON MY NOSE. I can't afford for that to get any bigger, so I wanted to be sure to stay bug free at the game. On my way back, the sunset was so pretty over the field:
The second half of the game was way more exciting than the first, and in the last few seconds, we won!
After the game, Jerry and Ryan went up into the press box to see one of their other really good friends (who announced the game), Peter.

It may have been a bit on the small side for a reunion (part two, which I'll show you tomorrow, was bigger) but it was a really fun night!

2 comments:

Tamar SB said...

Fun!! I wish I could attend thee events, but alas no real alumni association!

Odie Boggs said...

Fun times