Sunday, August 20, 2017

The Shafferland Shuffle

First of all, a happy 63rd wedding anniversary to my parents! I posted this picture to Facebook earlier this week: both our weddings, 58 years and 1200(ish) miles apart!
It has been an eventful week here in Shafferland! Ready to peek inside?

* Last Sunday, Ryan and I got up and scurried around for church...got ALL ready, and realized we were a half hour early. Good grief. A half hour of potential sleep: GONE! It was a really pretty morning, so we just poured some coffee and went for a walk around the neighborhood! Sunday was sign-up day for small groups at our church, so we helped work the table to get people registered. And then of course that afternoon, the return of Ryan's favorite season! FOOTBALL!! Okay, so it's pre-season, but it still counts!
* Monday, I went to see Ryan at work during lunch, and while we worked on a selfie, we got photo-bombed by his co-worker. Hee hee hee. He had a long day and was exhausted when he got home. Nap time! (Which also means I can't resist a photo!) We had quesadillas for dinner with homemade guacamole. Yum!
* Tuesday began our big adventure for the next little bit. Phoebe is boarding with us for a while! I tried to explain to Braeya, when the crate moved in, that her dearly beloved sister would be staying here for a bit. I don't think she fully comprehended that. (She does now.) We had a fun start to Pheebs's stay, though. Long walks and curling up to watch AGT!
* I had Wednesday "off work" from carpooling duty, so I got to spend the whole day working from home, with  my temporary #1 assistant, Phoebe. She's the cutest! We even went through the Wendy's drive-thru that night and she got her very own dog biscuit. (She was VERY excited.)
* Thursday was filled with more Phoebe adventures, INCLUDING brushing her for the first time. She has curly hair and does NOT like to be brushed. It so reminded me of my childhood when my mom would sit with me and douse me in No More Tangles before combing out my tangles. Phoebe got a cookie at the end of her brushing. How come that never happened to me? LOL!!
* Friday, Phoebes (human) brothers came to get her for the weekend, because Ryan and I had big plans! It was the kickoff of his 20 year class reunion. One of his best friends from high school (and his wife) flew in from Texas and the four of us went out to dinner and then met up with some other classmates at the high school football game. Would you believe this was my first high school football game AT our high school? It was fun!
* Yesterday was a FULL day! Ryan worked in the morning, and then we scurried out for an alphabetical date that was SO MUCH FUN! We got home jut in time to get ready and go to night #2 of Ryan's class reunion! So many stories to come...







2 comments:

Tamar SB said...

Major congrats to your folks!!

Maria Rineer said...

Yes, congrats to your parents. And your hair in those Saturday pictures- so pretty!!