Friday, April 07, 2017

Our Random Week

Ryan has been battling a cold this week and we have no idea where it came from. He was 100% fine on Sunday when we celebrated our monthiversary, and he woke up Monday morning sounding like a bass singer. (And it has just progressed from there.) What in the world!?!?!?!?! I've been doing my best to avoid it and have so far been successful!

It hasn't helped that the week has been quite chilly and rainy. The kind of week that makes you want to curl up on your couch in your jammies and read a book! (And if you change jammies to yoga pants, I did just that very thing!)

But anyway. Thought I would spend this Friday giving you a peek into the week. (A better peek than the shuffle gives.) Total randomness ahead. You've been warned!

Ryan's sister just got engaged, so wedding planning is happening in full force around the family. I went to a planning meeting this week, with my nerdy binder and colored pens, and I decided I'm too organized for anyone to handle. LOL! Don't misunderstand: no one was unkind or rude about my ridiculous level of organization. But they did stare a lot. I guess probably most people don't bring a whole fistful of marker pens wherever they go. So I loaded up on coffee and did a lot of listening. I think perhaps Ryan and I are unique in our organizational OCD.

Ryan makes me laugh. A LOT. And this face right here is one of my favorites. We were driving home one night (and don't worry...he was safely at a stoplight when I took this picture), joking around about something, and he broke out in his best fake-tears. So great.

We had Tuesdays at the Table this week: our first time in about a month, because of the cabinet overhaul. Ryan's mom and our Aunt Ruthie Woo Hoo came for dinner, and we did a lot of laughing. They are so funny!
Been running this bad boy pretty much nonstop, thanks to germfest/spring 2017. It smells good in here!

I've talked before about my friend Brent Vernon, who is a singer/songwriter/ventriloquist/author/illustrator/pretty much all the things. One very talented guy! He's from Florida and doesn't often get to Indiana, but when he does, I go! I usually have to drive an hour or more from home to hear him, but this week he was IN KOKOMO!!! So you can know we packed up, Ryan's cold and everything, and went to hear him!

(Funny story: the church was a super tiny country church and when Brent arrived in town he actually went to the wrong church. He had unloaded everything before he realized he was in the wrong building. He wondered why the people were giving him such funny looks!)
Some people get really excited about the ventriloquist part. Ryan loved it! (I love it too. Sam -the dummy - is hilarious!)
We hadn't gotten a whole group photo yet, so it was our night. I decided later maybe we should have put Ryan in the middle. That's a whole lotta shirt print going on between Brent and me! LOL!
I wrote about it a couple of days ago, but I finally got my OWN COPY of my brother-in-law's book. It's so good. Seriously. Proud of him!!!

So that's been the randomness of our week!

Full recap will still come your way Sunday, but I hope you enjoyed an extra look!


7 comments:

Maria Rineer said...

The weather this week- the possibility of SNOW today. Noooooooooooooo! It does look like things are headed in a better direction after today. I hope that Ryan feels better soon and that you stay cold free.

Bekah said...

I am boycotting all snow, thankyouverymuch. Let's just get on to whatever's coming AFTER today. :)

Paula Alexandra Santos said...

I hope Ryan gets better this weekend. Lots of warm milk and pb cookies, Bekah, that's the secret!
Congratulations to your sister-in-law!
:)

Anonymous said...

And who is it that received author photo credit on the back of the book???? Our very own Shafferland lass...oh, guess that means that my copy also arrived today! Looking forward to reading it. Lois

Odie Boggs said...

Enjoyed this extra look into your week. Hope Ryan in getting better. After 2 weeks I finally sound like myself again. #coldsarenotfun. Wedding planning is fun though.

Bekah said...

Paula - He IS feeling much better! We had pizza. It helped. LOL!!

Lois - Well that is so kind of you to get it!!! Thank you! And yes, I did take that! (At Cassie's wedding. Had I known the book was coming, I would have given him his own full, proper photo shoot! Hope you enjoy the book!

Odie - I JUST said to Ryan yesterday that I hoped you were okay because I hadn't heard from you for a while! GET WELL, friend!!!

Odie Boggs said...

Awww thanks for wondering about me. I'm still alive.