Sunday, April 16, 2017

The Shafferland Easter Shuffle

Happy Easter! Hope you all have a wonderful day, even if the weather isn't very sunny! (At least that's what we're expecting here!)

* Last Sunday seems so long ago now, but that was the day we went to Indianapolis with Ryan's sister's entourage for wedding dress shopping. A successful day for her, for which we were thankful, and quite entertaining to watch Ryan take in the whole Say Yes to the Dress experience!
* I spent Monday busily working in the office, wrapping up all the paperwork from speaking over the weekend. Fun fact: at lunch, Ryan made me laugh so hard I cried off all the makeup one eye. I forgot to fix that before I went out in public. Whoopsie. That night, Ryan went to help a friend of ours who just bought a house and needed some work done on a light fixture. Not sure how the hammer was going to fix it, but who am I to question? While he did that, I made our dinner: skinny mini lasagnas from Dashing Dish. Fabulous!
* Tuesday night, we hosted another Tuesdays at the Table with my good friend Ronda. We miss living close to her! I tried my hand at making "breadsticks" with cauliflower crust, and even though Ryan didn't care for it, I thought it was fabulous!
* Wednesday was a day of much prayer, Bible study, and journaling, and even though my heart wrestled through many things, it was so nice to see the two plants we own (so far) blooming beautifully! And that night, we had an unexpected dinner invitation to a friend's house! (Ryan was doing some work there too...he's been quite the handyman this week!)
* Thursday I got together with my mother-in-law for coffee, and at the end of the day, I just did not have it in me to make dinner. It had been a d.a.y. for both Ryan and me, so we went to Culver's for a treat. (And I did the whole treat thing, too! Burger AND fries!) And when Ryan went shopping at Lowe's, I thoroughly enjoyed their Easter lily display. So pretty!
* I had Friday off from carpool duties, so I stayed in my jammies and read blogs and drank coffee extra long that morning! After work, we helped one of our friends by hauling a truckload of mulch to her house. (That load tested our truck tire limits.  EEK!) And Ryan felt he had earned a Meat Mountain sandwich at Arby's, so we stopped for him to try one. Sorry there are no photos of my salad. LOL!
* Yesterday was GORGEOUS here in Indiana, and of course Ryan had to work, so I scrapbooked. We went for a run and I happened to notice that the strong winds had done a bit of a number on the portapotties around the area. (Lots of construction = portapotties.) Hope no one was inside! We took a few minutes to rest on our porch and drink coffee after dinner, and then Ryan wanted to look for an Easter outfit. This wasn't QUITE what I envisioned...

4 comments:

Tamar SB said...

Ryan and that suit!!!!!

Have a blessed and meaningful Easter!!

Odie Boggs said...

The suit is beachy lol. I'd say that perfect for his next speaking engagement. Heehee.

Shawn said...

I need to know more about the meat mountain sandwich.

Bekah said...

Tamar - Isn't it the best???

Odie - I told him it was too bad these didn't come out before our wedding!

Shawn - I think you would love it! It has (we looked it up) pepper bacon, roast beef, cheddar cheese, angus beef, smoked brisket, corned beef, pit smoked ham, swiss cheese, roast turkey, chicken tenders on a star cut bun. (In order from top to bottom if you need to know.)