* Last Sunday {as you may remember, if you heard the podcast}, it sounded like a doctor's office in church. Ryan took pity on me and didn't want me to lose a second week of sermon-hearing to all the coughing and germs, so we sneaked out during prayer and set in the foyer to listen from there. In this he shows me love. We had a lovely day of rest that afternoon, and then that night, he took apart our dining room table to make room for packing. {And he used it for gymnastics practice. HA!}
* Monday was the end of the third round of the 21 Day Fix, and when I ate lunch with a former co-worker, I let myself have the small treat of a bit of ice cream. It tasted like heaven. Just a tiny cup. Not a large Blizzard. But it was enough. On the way home from lunch, I stopped at the coffee shop on the IWU campus {where I used to get fresh brew every morning} and had a cup for old times' sake. It ended up being such a pretty day that Ryan and I went for a run that evening. Stunning sunset to run with!
* I spent the majority of Tuesday working on packing, which meant also fighting Braeya for the tape, which she prefers to eat. LOL. I found my old grave yard of cell phones: always fun to see how far we've come in that field, and that night, Ryan and I did a bit more packing, which included our backup coffee pot. Does everyone not wrap their coffee pot in bubble wrap and hug it before boxing it up??
* It may have been warm enough outside on Monday to go for a run, but by Wednesday, we were holding our breath against an ice storm. Fortunately it never got very bad here in our part of the state, though other areas not far from us were experiencing deep snow and power outages. The ice was pretty {since I didn't have to drive in it!} and I hunkered down at home while Ryan worked. He got home a little early {after celebrating with one of his co-workers at her baby shower} and we spent six hours organizing the attic. WHEW! He found all kinds of treasures in there, including his "bubbies" from when he was little!
* Thursday was kind of a tough day. Nothing bad happened - my heart was just overwhelmed. I was thankful for extra time to sit with my journal and Bible and devo book and let myself just be. Ryan worked on office work that night, so I sat with him, reading a book and I think maybe Braeya was praying for me?? {Ha!!!}
* Friday I took a break from packing to work on writing stuff, and SOMEONE had to sit directly in my lap, making THAT process easy. {Or not.} That night I had my first Papa John's pizza in over TWO MONTHS!!! It was so delicious. I ate responsibly and joyfully! And we cuddled up to watch a movie and take naps. Yay for Friday nights!!!
* Ryan worked a long, long day yesterday, but it was too pretty out to stay home working, so I went for a 5K run/walk. It was cold and crazy windy, but so so pretty. We had plans to meet up with some friends of his for dinner last night, but bless his heart, he was so tired when he got home, that he ended up sleeping all the way there. {Yes, I took the picture safely at a stoplight.} Dinner was so good - including something I'd never tried before: a kale and brussels sprout salad. I have to say: it was good!!
3 days ago








6 comments:
You guys got a ton of packing done! Good for you on finishing the 3rd round of the fix!!
We're definitely entering wacky weather time in the Midwest-last Saturday the temps hit 70 and we had snow on Wednesday. Re your pizza eating, I love the line, "I ate responsibly and joyfully!" So funny. I'm tempted to borrow it but that means I'd have to eat responsibly, so, probably not :).
you are doing great with packing! And you are so doing AMAZING with your healthy life! you have such JOY about you and heck YES eat pizza joyfully. I love that plan. I don't eat some things everyday but when i do.. I EAT IT and LOVE IT.
You look beautiful and i love the balance of how you are healthy. I tend to be an all of nothing girl. but you are fabulous!!!
Been thinking of giving up running do to sore feet and legs not recovering as fast as they used to. We will see. So thankful there are so many avenues of exercise to enjoy.
Okay I am rambling and need to get to church! Much love to you Bekah. you continue to be a joy each day and i so appreciate you. hugs!
XO
That picture of Braeya is hilarious. It really does look like she's praying for you. :) And wow!!!...kale and brussels sprout salad!?!? I'm super impressed! For a non-vegetable girl, you've come a LONG way!! You are an inspiration!
Tamar - thank you!! :)
Maria - you cracked me right up!! Eating responsibility is quite hard to do!!
Polly - You always make me laugh and make me feel good!! Much love to YOU!!!! Hope you can figure out the running thing - I'm learning that it's good to have alternatives!!
Tia - It was my first rodeo with the sprouts. They taste far more bitter than I imagined, but I think with time, I can earn to like them. WHAT HAS HAPPENED TO ME!!!!!!!
Did you move all those cellphones?!?!? And did you seriously not eat pizza for two months?!? I think that is the part of the fix I would find the hardest.
And one of my new favourite salads has kale and brussel sprouts. It's a superfoods salad from Costco and it's sooooo yummy!
Post a Comment