Tuesday, February 23, 2016

Valentine's Smattering

First of all, it's Tuesday, so we have a new podcast just for you...hope we can keep you company with some stories, and hopefully a few giggles!


Yesterday I told you about our Valentine's Date to the cooking class at Sur la Table. But that took place the day before Valentine's day, and I wanted to tell you about Valentine's Day itself.

Ryan actually got my roses for me a few days early, and I thoroughly enjoyed them leading up to and through the holiday itself. I adored this color even more than red. So pretty!

Before we went on our date Saturday evening, we attempted to take some nice Valentine's pictures together. Someone was in a festive mood, so after thirty shots we finally had a couple keepers. But they're too good to exclude ALL the outtakes, so here you go:

And finally:
We also exchanged our cards that night - and I gave Ryan his gift, which was a framed print of his picture-of-the-trip he took at Niagara Falls.

Ryan decided to imitate our nephew, Korbin, in his gift opening.
 He liked it! Took it to work to be displayed with Brutus the rhino head.
 Yep, that's a coffee cup Valentine's card!!
Valentine's Day itself was on Sunday, so we had church, of course, and our main goal after church was to do NOTHING.

And we succeeded. I did prepare our wedding mugs for our afternoon coffee. I felt that was an extra effort for a holiday. LOL!!
I couldn't let the day go ENTIRELY unnoticed, so I fixed breakfast for dinner and tried to make hearts out of the turkey bacon. Looked easy on Pinterest but was a Shafferland fail! I did make heart shaped toast. Does that count?



All in all, a great day! And here was our official ON Valentine's Day picture:



5 comments:

Maria Rineer said...

Great holiday pics... Glad you had such a nice day. Looking forward to listening to the podcast.

Tamar SB said...

You too are too funny!! Love the flowers. He's so sweet!

Bekah said...

Maria - Hope you enjoyed the podcast!

Tamar - He definitely is - funny AND sweet!

Natasha said...

I love the colour of those roses and I LOVE your bracelet. It's so beautiful and festive.

Natasha said...

Today I'm eating carrots and hummus and deleting old pictures on my iPad while I listen to you. I have to multi-task!

You know I want that library! Or any library!

I always feel out of sorts when I sit on the wrong side of the sanctuary. I don't have a specific spot but I do have a specific side.

I should start taking notes during sermons.

I think sometimes it's better to miss one day than function at half-pace for weeks.

I HATE getting strep tests. Gah.

I was wondering who Ellie was?!?!?

Yay for faith growth!!!