Wednesday, February 03, 2016

38 Months

Yesterday marked 38 months for Shafferland. I started to say that's also my age, but then I realized it's actually NOT my age until May. I believe arriving at the place where you can know longer keep track of your age probably qualifies you as just old.

But I digress.

As monthiversaries go, I fear our celebration this time may have teetered toward lame. But what did NOT teeter toward lame was the chance to spend time together, and for that, I was grateful.

Ryan had to work, of course, and originally we had planned to be able to see each other for a little bit during the work day, but our plans changed, which was a bit on the sad side. But I was kind of glad to not be out and about because we got a THUNDERSTORM in FEBRUARY!! How crazy is that!?

Normally on a monthiversary, we go out to eat or go get dessert or some froofy coffee drink. But I just started a new round of the Fix yesterday, and I didn't want to completely ruin that out of the gate. So I decided to find a little treat I could make for us here at home, and given that Ryan ate about half the pan at dinner, I'd say it was a success:
We ended up spending the evening together at home, quiet and nothing blog-worthy, but wonderful because we were warm and safe and with each other.
It's been a wonderful 38 months. I noticed even as we recorded our podcast this week that we have reached such a comfortable place. While it's always felt right and safe when we're together, it's a new level of right and safe and us. I'm grateful to have him beside me for the hilarious days and the hard days alike.





11 comments:

Tamar SB said...

This doesn't sound lame at all, but perfect for you two!

Maria Rineer said...

We had storms here, too, yesterday. Glad you had a nice time together even if it was less time than you were hoping for. I think it was in my late thirties when I not too infrequently forgot/ mistook my actual age. I was usually only off by a year or two like you were, but still it marked a departure from when I always knew (correctly) how old I was. You're looking skinny minny :).

Leslie said...

Yay for quiet at home. Monday was 61 months for us and we had an at home date night. We don't count the months but it worked out for us to have time at home together that day. :-)

Bekah said...

Tamar - Given our busy season, it WAS perfect. {And today I sent the entire box of those cookie bars to work with Ryan because I fear I would finish them off. LOL!!!}

Maria - We're age-forgetting twins! I'll take it! :) Come to think of it, I think I struggled with this in my late 20's too. 26/27/28. Must be the second half of any given decade that trips me up. And thanks for calling me a skinny minny! I will confess it's probably a better angle than anything else, but it is encouraging to see results from the hard work! {We did an upper body workout yesterday and this morning, my upper back said to me, I HATE YOU!!!}

Leslie - HAPPY 61 months! That is great! :) And counting or not counting, you guys rock the dates. I appreciate that about you!

Allison S. said...

Awesome! And, you are looking good!

Anonymous said...

not lame at all. PERFECT. love you guys!!! XO

Odie Boggs said...

Happy 39 months of marriage. This marks my 36 month reading your blog.

Maria Rineer said...

Not just the angle of the picture, girl. Your face looks noticeably smaller (not that it was big before but it does look smaller now). Thinking of your disciple makes me regret polishing off that bag of gummy bears :(. I'll push myself more when I run this evening to burn off those bears:).

sarah.flyingkites said...

Your marriage is truly an inspiration!

Bekah said...

Allison - THANK YOU!! :) Hugs!

Polly - Love you back!

Odie - Thank you! And happy blogiversary to you! :)

Maria - aren't gummy bears fruit?? :) {flavored???}

Sarah - Well you made us both smile. THANK YOU!!!!!! :) And right back at ya. You have a great keeper yourself!

Natasha said...

I love that last picture of the two of you with the hearts in the background. And I can never remember my age either. I have to figure out what year we're in and then do the math. Blah.