Last Wednesday
was our 165th monthiversary, and it was not the sort of day that made
it easy to fit in a proper celebration. Even as fiercely as we try to protect our
monthiversary days, life and duty still call, and when they do, we do
everything we can to make time for each other in the craziness!
And so it was that we got up at
5 a.m. to squeeze in a workout before the busy day. This doesn’t happen every
day. Our current-life-season goal is three days a week. And even that is
sometimes a challenge. But we got up and worked out, and I bet you can’t even
tell I hadn’t had coffee yet! 😊
Ahhhh, looking much more human.
We ate breakfast together, got ready, and before hurrying out the door to work,
we took Lexi on a morning walk. The lake was calm, the temps were perfect, and
we had some good talks while she sniffed every inch of the road ahead of her.
I had a meeting at the coffee
shop, so I got a special “I love you” Americano to bring to Swiss Village for Ryan
on my way home. He took a break with me when I arrived so we could visit my parents.
(I love him so much for many reasons, and right now his love and care for my
parents is very high on that list.)
We went back to our respective
work chores for the afternoon, and then I picked him up from work so we could
ride together to church. I’m teaching a women’s Bible study, so he visited my
teaching room while I set it up…
…and then I returned the favor
in his GriefShare room!
We had just enough time
to gobble up the dinner I made, and I collated study papers for the men’s Bible
study while we ate!
This is life, and I wouldn’t
want to share it with anyone but Ryan. I am grateful that even though it was a
busy day, we at least got to work in the same spaces for part of the day!
I love you, Ryan! Let’s see if
month #166 give us a little bit more date opportunity!
And you'll see more about this later on this week...but a HAPPY 90th BIRTHDAY TO MY MOM!!!


No comments:
Post a Comment