Good morning, friends! I have a
busy day ahead of me after a day of sitting, writing, brainstorming, and watching
documentaries. Ryan watched a new one with me last night. Mind-blowing stories
I’d not heard before. Wow. I could not absorb what I heard!
So after the heaviness of yesterday,
here are some lighter topics for you!
I go back and
forth on pumpkins that don’t look like regular pumpkins. Since we don’t have an
orange color scheme in our house, I’ve kind of gotten away from using any
orange-colored pumpkin in our décor. I have started using a lot of white ones,
because they fit in better with our blue/white colors. But historically I’ve
not gone crazy on blue pumpkins because…pumpkins aren’t blue. But these are so cute. And the classic and
grid versions are also blue and white. Thoughts on custom color pumpkins??
KariAnne is
such a good storyteller, and this sweet story from the archives of her daughter’s
life will put a smile on your face, and while you’re reading it, you can
simultaneously enjoy her (now adult) daughter’s refreshed bedroom décor.
Honestly if I had to start over with our bedroom, I think I’d use every single
thing she features in this post. It’s a blue and white dream! But don’t get
lost in the dreamy room and miss the sweet story!
As I
have gotten older and have begun to understand more about the colors I like to
use in decorating our home, some seasons have presented a real challenge. The
standard colors of most seasons aren’t blue! 😊 But Suzy made this super creative set of
fall color themes,
and one of them included blue! I LOVED looking through these and learning how
narrowing the colors you focus on in fall can help you have a more cohesive
look. The third from the last set is the one I loved best, and I think it would
help me so much to know that accenting with yellow helps me bring in the
traditional fall with the blue I love! YES!
I have
loved Susie Larson’s teaching for years, and I love these words she shared over on Ann Voskamp’s
site. As a chronic self-sabotager, I needed this reminder to do what God has
called me to do and not let the loud voices of people or the enemy get in my
way. Powerful stuff in this post. I encourage you to read it!
The
fall capsule wardrobe I’m following this year included a bandana size scarf as
an accessory. I have never learned how to use/wear one of these, so I had to
consult Pinterest! I ran across this tutorial that I found most helpful! I also
really love the scarf I found on Amazon, which wasn’t too expensive, has some
fun colors, isn’t wild in pattern, and works out well for me!
I think this porch basket is so pretty! I clicked the link and the price is higher than I’m willing to spend on porch decorations, but I’m tucking away the idea in case I find anything comparable in my thrifting adventures! We have a spot on our front porch that I think would accommodate something like this very nicely, and it would dress it up well. I think it would be super simple to switch out the flowers to keep up with the seasons.







No comments:
Post a Comment