I could write
about the length of this four day work week, but alas, this will be faster:
Anyone else??
It wasn’t a bad week at all. I
just don’t understand how short weeks can feel so long!
But here’s a peek at some of our
short-week fun!
Last Sunday afternoon, I tried
to take a nap but someone wasn’t having it. It’s so hard to be irritated with
her when she’s so stinkin’ cute! My favorite part of Sunday? Knowing we had Monday
off! 😊
We had a bunch of home chores to
accomplish Monday, which we did, but we also made time for fun together. We got
our bikes out (FINALLY!) and took a ride on the trail we love and greatly
underutilize. It was the most perfect day for a ride, and I think we did about
12 miles.
Tuesday, as you already saw, was
Mom’s 90th birthday, so we visited her, took flowers and a balloon,
and spent some time celebrating her! I’m glad she had a good day and felt pretty
good for her holiday!
I traveled to Goshen (about 2.5
hours away) on Wednesday to attend a funeral visitation, and the church where
it was held had its own coffee shop. It felt appropriate to patronize it
since it had the kindness to be there when I needed a boost!
Thursday was quite the ordinary
day, which I welcomed. It also came with a very pretty sunrise, which I also
welcomed!
Lexi and I worked from home on
Friday and while we worked, we watched all the 9/11 documentaries. Two were
new, the rest were familiar, and all of them held stories. We sat with stories and
finally fell asleep at the end of a long day.
We didn’t expect yesterday to be
such a rainy day, but it was! That didn’t stop Ryan from spending the entire
day power washing the house and cleaning up the outside that had gotten a bit bedraggled-looking
over the summer. I decorated the house (inside) for fall, and then we hosted
small group at the end of the day! We just did dessert this time – and I kind
of cheated on that. Marie Callender pies for the win!


No comments:
Post a Comment